Firehammer Buggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxair45

Hey guys i'm pretty new here but to make a long story short I am a soon to be owner of a firehammer buggy. I was wondering since my lhs dosen't stock the parts for this car what are some commenly broken parts. Any and all tips and tricks on the vehicle would be great.:2guns:

Hi Mate, welcome aboard. THe Firehammer is a good unit. As you are in the US, I will leave the best place to get your spares to your local guys. CSP has got the MT version...and would be on top of that.

From my experience, the most annoying problem with the Hammer is the mesh on the pinion gear on the layshaft, to the diff gear. This can be a very unhappy union at times. Any slight gap in the mesh, and you gring out the pinion and/or diff gear......FRUSTRATING! You can go a long way to fix it by installing an alloy diff upgrade and getting alloy diff blocks.

Another common problem is shredding the spur gear. This can become worse when you put a pipe on it, or upgrade your engine. Steel spur gear solves this.

Finally, a LOT of FG parts fit the Hammer....and they can be a good idea for when the stock items break.

Again, welcome aboard mate.

Thanks for the welcome. I am planning on upgrading the pipe but not the motor any time soon. Would adding a steel spur gear mess up my internals(tranny)? I have alot of experience so I think I should be ok with meshing the gears.

no. you shouldnt have any problems installing the metal gears for pinion and spur. but i can almost garountee that you will have isues with the lay shaft and ring gear. line them up good with the lower motor mounts and tighten the snot out of them. and always check them. becouse they will come out. a high rpm clutch spring will also help with the low end motor lag. works wonders for $7. most if not all fg parts will fit on there as its cloned from it. duritrax has a good warranty on all the plastic parts if its new. here is a link to were i get my parts from. fast shipping too. plus they are good on the phone with helping out with finding the right parts
http://www.fgsupply.com/

Diff gear

Hi Mate, welcome aboard. THe Firehammer is a good unit. As you are in the US, I will leave the best place to get your spares to your local guys. CSP has got the MT version...and would be on top of that.

From my experience, the most annoying problem with the Hammer is the mesh on the pinion gear on the layshaft, to the diff gear. This can be a very unhappy union at times. Any slight gap in the mesh, and you gring out the pinion and/or diff gear......FRUSTRATING! You can go a long way to fix it by installing an alloy diff upgrade and getting alloy diff blocks.

Another common problem is shredding the spur gear. This can become worse when you put a pipe on it, or upgrade your engine. Steel spur gear solves this.

Finally, a LOT of FG parts fit the Hammer....and they can be a good idea for when the stock items break.

Again, welcome aboard mate.

Check out...... www.towerhobbies.com In search box type in,, firehammer
you want parts for your buggy..there is a diff gear there for like 14 bucks..Item LXHTW4 Diff gear
hope this helps..AKA Slawhammer

Last edited:
Back