Firehammer mt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FH MT

i just ordered the firehammer mt and was wondering how you guys like the firehammer mt and are there any other hop ups you can get for it like bodys and tires.
thanks

Welcome FH MT!

There are actually quite a few hopups for it.

Here is what I have done to mine:

Steel Pinion gears, 17t and 19t
Steel Spur, 48t
alloy differential
alloy large engine mount
DDM tuned pipe
ball drive set

One of the few places to get Hopups unfortunately is from Germany:

Hobbythek (Remember that Smartech/Carson/Duratrax are all the same) The Firehammer MT is like the Comanche/Bigfoot/Attack EVO

I've ordered from them twice and received my order in 8 days! The shipping cost is killer though at $40 USD.

I believe you can use FG monster wheels and tires for it. As for bodies, I'm guessing FG bodies will work as well.

I'm sure some other guys will chime in with some more info.

csp

thanks also do you have to tune the FH MT constantly also do you think I would have to tune it right out of the box

I've got am FG body on mine and it provides great protection. I also have a DDM Torque Pipe, Hitec 25kg servos, 26cc engine, Walbro racing tuned carby. You can get alloy hop-ups from places like www.danielspistop.com.au and other places. Overall, it is a great truck, and a lot of fun.

It would fit. It is designed to fit an FG MT. You will have to extend the body mounts (both front and rear). The bodies designed for the FG are slightly longer than the FHMT bodies. I had to adjust my front bumper to compensate for this.

To get better performance a good start would be to replace your air filter. I've got a velocity stack with a UFO filter on it. This increased the performance a lot. A good option is the DDM Billet Air Filter or similar.

how do you guys like the firehammer mt is it easyer to tune then a nitro motor i am going to have to race it with my Traxxas revo and see what is faster talking about speed how fast does a stock firehammer mt go.
thanks

Compared to a Revo, it will probably be slower. Mine seems slower than my Losi Aftershock with a tuned pipe. But, you are talking about 2 different sized vehicles completely. The speed of a 23 pound vehicle at about 35mph is pretty damn fast for something coming at you at that size. It handles different, sounds different and drives different.

It is MUCH easier to tune than nitro. Basically a "set it and forget it".

You will love it. It's a completely different drive than a nitro! :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks