Firehammer MT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMAO. it sucks because I sold that truck to order the stuff to build mine and I am sitting and waiting...

I detailed a car yesterday and turns out he is a contractor for the city of Coquitlam and I just got some painting contracting from him for $18/hr. looks like I will have a steady flow of work this winter. I make more money detailing but I don't detail in the winter...

I wish I had the extra cash to just buy it back now... maybe in a few days. I was supposed to paint a unit here in the co op this weekend and get paid out the remainder of her shares, but looks like her shares are being used up for other repairs, so I am just going to catch up some sleep... I am so tired right now but over tired and can't sleep.

stupid, I was detailing a 2006 Mazda, figured can't be too bad so didn't take lunch or water with me... holy crap. I got home, took many pills, drank 5 big glasses of water, ate and tried to sleep through the cramps for 2 hrs. got about 1 and went and worked another 9 hrs. eyes were closing involuntarily during the night but now the sun is out my eyes are stuck open... maybe it was the 2 thermos' of coffee I drank?

And now it's back. I got it in a box of loose parts. I mean every screw and c clip taken off. Boxed and bagged. all but the shocks and dif case (brother had a tantrum and tossed the dif at a wall.... got one on order)

I am putting it back together now. I traded something today for a sheet of carbon so cut a new servo tray. I used the one I got from csp as a template but cut the battery tray part off as this has a battery box, and it mounts to the chassis.

I tried all kinds of ways to fit lst shocks to the front but it's not going to work. if the top arms were L's like FG rears it'd work. so I might have to get some aluminum and hand make something down the road.

I'll post some pics later as I have parts spread all over the dining room table (always put shop towels down first ;) ) and need to start clearing things up soon.

Well my friend....I am not even going there on this.....You said it all......
be just 1 more project for you....Slaw

ya it was like a rental, but I didn't make any money on the rental (reminds me of the work I do here in the co-op... sending in my letter of resignation today... don't need any vice president title, it means free grunt in layman's terms, with undertones of abuse lover LOL)

I guess I should grab the camera and snap some shots. the servo tray was a lot of hand filing but it fits better than the other.

Going to go ebay hunting for another set of shocks though. I think it'd look goofy with 2 fg shocks up front and 2 lst shocks in back, and I'd still need 2 more shocks for the vw. I think I will grab some medium or shorts for the vw since it's going to be mainly on road... too many chassis' too many choices now. and also to fit an lst shockon the vw means cutting the undertray. I don't want to do that

Having no luck with stuff being shipped though. tomorrow it's 8 weeks waiting for my uk order, 3 weeks from tower hobbies... friday I have parts arriving at the lhs. all these fg parts but waiting for ball ends to complete builds.

Ok... so I made the servo tray. Got an overhead to show BTB I didn't leave the same light space ;)

I experimented a bit on the front end. I am using the firehammer front shock towers but I trimmed an fg mt tower a bit and mounted it in there as well so I had pipe and body mounts.

Here's a cool tip from a friend on how to reverse a servo by soldering a few wires. It works great!!
http://crawlcanada.com/forum/showthread.php?t=350

Most everything is mounted up except I am waiting for a few parts to arrive to finish things up... dif case and sleeve, shock tower. I put the fg shocks on; fronts are longs but will work.

The body is a plastic newbrite body. temporary solution until my truck body from sickboy get made. it has working head and tail lights, I just need some plugs to solder things up... and I need a Y cable for the servos. I pick up my cheque on the way to work tomorrow night....

Anyway, I needed to post a couple pics to give a visual. I also changed the front brake wire setup allready, just need to find a couple screws long enough to do what I am planning. running out of coarse plastic screws!

DSCI0002-3.gif
DSCI0001-3.gif
DSCI0003-2.gif
DSCI0004-3.gif
DSCI0005-2.gif
DSCI0006-2.gif

The pipe is my dilemma now too. I have about an inch of clearance with the body. I could drop it down some more but I'd have to cut the front posts a bit and cut the rear bed and window area of the body. I don't know if I want to as it would weaken it and first rollover it would be done... that and I melted the stock FH body with the pipe allready. Gave that body to a crawler buddy. we traded some stuff for the sheet of carbon. He just offered me another sheet for a heli I bought of Ghostlyrich. I might just take him up as I like having carbon around.... eventually I might change the pipe but I really like the performance, sound and balance of this one. bad body fitting is a drawback but when the fibreglass mt arrives I can make some better body mounts and maybe get a welder to add a different mounting bracket

that servo tray was actually 2 plates. the carbon I got was a bit thin so I made 2 and glued them together. with all the bolts and screws going through it still has rigidity. I was going to do 3 but that would have been too thick

the lhs has some parts in for me today, dif case and sleeve (have to find BTB's dif seal thread.... dude I think you need your own section on the forum just for your tutorials) so I will be able to almost finish the mt today, aside from being short 2 screws, metal balls, and a rear shock tower

Hey Pipe...looks good.....Yeah that pipe is a killer....I never did like those pipes
my self.....You would be better to use a rear DDM Dom.....Still great power from the
DDM Pipe......Carbon looks good as well as the shock tower mod.....Slaw

and I don't like the ddm pipe haha. too loud for me. ONB offered to exchange the pipe but I decided I didn't want 2 vw's and the mt body will be easier to do the water drop paint job on (I actually experimented on this body with that using silver spray can and it failed. so I misted the whole body with silver and a little competition orange)

oh ya, the rx box is held to the top of the battery box with the old standard.... shoe goo

well, Richard just called me from the lhs. he's grabbing my parts and seeing if the owner remembered to bring a body in for me. No parts arrived again, paypal hasn't responded to my emails (I have a claim going), tower order is now over 3 weeks as well, 8 weeks for the uk order... I am seriously losing it as all my projects are on hold waiting for parts.

my springs for the semi shock experiment are in customs. only took a week from taiwan. how can stuff come from farther away 3 times faster? I know from now on I will bite the bullet and pay for ups air from tower from now on. 2 days and I get parts. it's not even Christmas yet!!

I haven't even been able to try that airbrush I got from you Roger, still waiting for my paint to arrive.

I won the alloy shocks from ebay, but they are for the VW

lhs ordered 2 parts right, one part wrong, and the body wasn't in the store. he was mad he carried it in his truck for a couple weeks, and took it back home... how can a store sell something not in the store? my luck getting things the last couple months has been an adventure for sure.

woohoo, my tower hobbies order arrived today. just took a break for a smoke. got the back end near completed but I have to put a smaller shim behind the layshaft gear... so ripping things out again.

I'll have to get the anvil out again and make a motor brace too. I can copy the other one so should be faster this time.

once I get the parts all on, I am going to try and lower the body a bit. then I will take some completed pics and post them up. should be able to get it out and rip it up this week

Well I finally got it back together. I'll call it a Firehammer MT but it's a mix of parts.
Motor is a 26cc cy with a Jet Pro MT5 V2 Silenced pipe. I like the weight over the front like this. it makes it jump level and balances things out. Front disc brake kit is the alloy FG MT set, FG Shocks with stock springs (I have a set of front and rear ballon springs coming. The carbon servo tray I made myself, as well as the aluminum rear brace. The body is a temp body until my fibreglass one from sickboy arrives from the Netherlands, but it has front and rear lights (just need to wire a plug so I can add a battery). I just have to wire in an engine kill switch... got a killer B with blue external light coming any day now... going out Saturday to rip it up in the sand dunes down Scott Rd hill, weather permitting, with Richard.

I also need to get a new tube of silicone for BTB's dif protection mod. I got one dif from that caulking gun and the nail I had in the end to plug it fell out... one solid tube of silicaone and a messy caulking gun later....

DSCI0001-4.gif
DSCI0002-4.gif
DSCI0003-3.gif
DSCI0004-4.gif
DSCI0005-3.gif
DSCI0006-3.gif
DSCI0007-3.gif
DSCI0008-1.gif
DSCI0009-2.gif

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks