first baja body done

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaredtowne

Something quick and simple, don't like downtime this time of year. Just need to go out and get it dirty so the body matches the rest of the truck.

Will have to get some outside pics so you can see better, but the rain today made for a good day to paint.

Attachments

• bb1.jpg
    bb1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 52
  • bb2.jpg
    bb2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 33
thanks,

Now I just need to get working on the other truck body I have so its ready to go for when I get bored with the buggy version like i did the truck.

On a side note, with this buggy setup, the wider lower sidewall tires, no rear anti-roll bar-- this handles like it is on RAILS compared to the truck version. Mostly just the tires though, those big knobbys are great for traction roll and tearing up the sod, but thats about it.

thanks,

Now I just need to get working on the other truck body I have so its ready to go for when I get bored with the buggy version like i did the truck.

On a side note, with this buggy setup, the wider lower sidewall tires, no rear anti-roll bar-- this handles like it is on RAILS compared to the truck version. Mostly just the tires though, those big knobbys are great for traction roll and tearing up the sod, but thats about it.
better foams in the tires might help that or get some hostiles or pro-line rubber:)

how did you do that? i can paint marble like on walls and wood work ect but never
seen it done on a body! thats cool what did you use?

When I do it i use black eggshell, rub down, eggshell again, acrylic glaze paint on
a brush, dab it abit, do it all over again with diff colour then dab, glaze then I varnish it
about eight times in clear varnish! its alot of hard work but i find it fun! :lol:

how did you do that? i can paint marble like on walls and wood work ect but never
seen it done on a body! thats cool what did you use?

When I do it i use black eggshell, rub down, eggshell again, acrylic glaze paint on
a brush, dab it abit, do it all over again with diff colour then dab, glaze then I varnish it
about eight times in clear varnish! its alot of hard work but i find it fun! :lol:

Its actually super easy, Its something I have played with on a couple different bodys. They had an article in a old rc car action mag, Not sure if I could find the article, that was a few years ago.

Basically just spray whatever base color you want, hurry up and dab it with whatever texture you want before it dries.. let it dry.. then spray on your second color, let dry.... then covercoat.

I've used plastic bags, sponges, paint brushes, etc.. its fun to play around with and see what textures come out.

I had a sick body for my savage that I sold awhile back, I used a large paint brush very lightly in the same direction on the whole body, it gave some killer streaks.. that one was black and chrome.

All spray-cans, I don't airbrush.

Its actually super easy, Its something I have played with on a couple different bodys. They had an article in a old rc car action mag, Not sure if I could find the article, that was a few years ago.

Basically just spray whatever base color you want, hurry up and dab it with whatever texture you want before it dries.. let it dry.. then spray on your second color, let dry.... then covercoat.

I've used plastic bags, sponges, paint brushes, etc.. its fun to play around with and see what textures come out.

I had a sick body for my savage that I sold awhile back, I used a large paint brush very lightly in the same direction on the whole body, it gave some killer streaks.. that one was black and chrome.

All spray-cans, I don't airbrush.

Thanks i will have ago, its up my street so i should have fun doing this!

thanks for the info :)

exactly! super easy

Except on our bodys we would then spray our second coat where he leaves off and fill all those voids.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks