First larger scale :MB Pro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I got my AMS adapters in the mail today very nice adapters I may ad. The bug has now been dubbed "Pure Evo'L" due to it's evo goodies. I've got a fair bit of work to go but I can see the end is near. I will post some pics in a bit and some new details.

lovin the bug mate i call mine marbug evo youve helped me right out deciding on sand paddles ive got a spare set of rear rims ready and waiting but wasnt sure on what tyres to fit your bug looks mental sitting on the paddles heres a couple of pics of mine

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That looks sick, are you using Marder alloy on the front or is that Touring car stuff? looks like you have even more castor up front than I do using the different height bulkheads. Also what rear shocks are those? Are they for the marder? I've got those on the front, which were originally the rears for the Evo. I want to use the same style shock on the rear but want to know what springs to use off the bat too so I don't have to spend a small fortune on different springs. I've got the red Evo springs on the front and they actually don't feel to bad, maybe a tad stiff but they will work for now. I need the same shocks but a little longer for the rear.

Cheers.

Haven't updated in awhile due to the birth of my 3rd daughter but I got to get the Beetle out this afternoon, "GIDDY UP" LOL. I'm going to try and pick up some different gearing this week to get some top speed back. Thankfully I have the rear wing to act as a wheelie bar, because of the mt gearing with the short paddles. It will pretty much wheelie on any surface but not so fun after awhile, and it jumps nose up instead of flat with the monster wheels. Any suggestions on gears, I would say the paddles are about an inch shorter height maybe a touch more.

I've still got it, it was a homemade peice made by the previous owner. I'd like to clean up the (very) rough cuts, polish it and see how I feel about it, I may just use the roller blade wheels to make my own eventually. I'm more concerned with regaining my top speed I had when I first got the Beetle, it has slowed enough to get beat by the 5T I was handing it to by maybe 20ft. before :( This is not good because I have grown to hate gloating baja owners who have never even heard of FG and I need to make sure I can send their HPI's packing LOL.

I've still got it, it was a homemade peice made by the previous owner. I'd like to clean up the (very) rough cuts, polish it and see how I feel about it, I may just use the roller blade wheels to make my own eventually. I'm more concerned with regaining my top speed I had when I first got the Beetle, it has slowed enough to get beat by the 5T I was handing it to by maybe 20ft. before :( This is not good because I have grown to hate gloating baja owners who have never even heard of FG and I need to make sure I can send their HPI's packing LOL.

Have you got the steering sorted yet?
There are longer links available.
Take care of the 'geometry' when it's turning also - outer diameter / inner diamter thing.

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks