First Lights On A Losi 5ive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killer RC

Here's the first Losi 5ive with hopups. Retro fitted some Baja pods on it, with Killer RC blue and yellow LED light boards. That far yellow light has some mud on it. The pics don't do it justice. It's awesome. :)

Those prototypes had polarized glass and real reflectors, but they cost too much to reproduce. I'm looking for a new route.

If you listen to the 30-minute interview / reveal of the truck, it ends up being a little misleading I reckon.

It's main story is that 'this is a truck that's already highly specified and doesn't require many extras' .... then 3/4 the way through Losi themselves say that they've some selected hop-ups to bling up the truck .....

More $$$$$$$$$$$$

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Losi fan, and this does LOOK great!!

Al.

If you listen to the 30-minute interview / reveal of the truck, it ends up being a little misleading I reckon.

It's main story is that 'this is a truck that's already highly specified and doesn't require many extras' .... then 3/4 the way through Losi themselves say that they've some selected hop-ups to bling up the truck .....

More $$$$$$$$$$$$

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Losi fan, and this does LOOK great!!

Al.

I think the hopups will be mostly bling and not really necessary to extending the durability of the truck. This design is pretty solid and proven. Maybe just add some Killer Kables to protect the shocks, and a kill switch. ;)

Many people say, know, believe (select option) that many of the option parts for the Baja are to improve durability / longevity, and are not simply bling.

This is theoretically the difference, if we believe what they're saying about the Losi 100%, being to a high spec and 'not needing any changes' (but we're going to give you some option equipment anyway.) !!!

I'll be interested to see the option exhausts when they start materialising.

Did they mention electronic ignition somewhere, or am I mistaken?

Al.

I just added my pods ;)
gehudeza.jpgnutyvaby.jpg
;)
I wonder if the KC chiller baja light module would work for all my heads, Imma add (2) single 1:10 or 1:8 scale light pods in the rear under the roof for rear fog lights in Amber and MAYBE tail lights? That be 12 head lights, 2 rear fog lights, and 2 tail lights. Not too much overloaded?

SVT SCABS are FaStEr!!
RXP-X Clockin 81+Mph (using aftermarket Garmin GPS)

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks