First Rip Of The Season, MTXL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MTXL is the best. Gotta get me some tires so I can rip. Your 4bolt CY29cc seems like a ripper too. Mine runs down my DBXL Zen29cc like a rabid dog. They're really good engines imo. Also try 1m fluid in center diff. It will give you the launch you're after with less destruction. Its not quite as good but noticeably better than stock.

Last edited:
MTXL is the best. Gotta get me some tires so I can rip. Your 4bolt CY29cc seems like a ripper too. Mine runs down my DBXL Zen29cc like a rabid dog. They're really good engines imo. Also try 1m fluid in center diff. It will give you the launch you're after with less destruction. Its not quite as good but noticeably better than stock.
He has a locker in his center.

Thanks bangbang! If I have excessive wear, or more issues once I use the aluminum housings, I'll be going back to fluid on the center. I'll try it first with the locker. And I agree, the stock engine is a ripper!
Yep, got the locker!

Same diff issue with mine right out the gate. Horizon luckily sent me a new rear diff with gears too:) year ago
I somehow spun the bearing and it offset then melted the diff case and shredded the bearing....

I know. Offered a alternative that doesn't break parts.
Same diff issue with mine right out the gate. Horizon luckily sent me a new rear diff with gears too:) year ago
I somehow spun the bearing and it offset then melted the diff case and shredded the bearing....
Thats how mine went. The plastic between bearings is to thin. Melted mine.

Finally getting around to fixing my MTXL. I picked up some FID housings and Hot Racing cups. I put 60,000 in the diff's. Also repacked the bearings. I found the upper holes on the rear diff braces stripped out, and it looks like they did it on assembly. Had some kind of glue all over the threads. I'm waiting on new ones to assemble the rear now. IMG_3177.JPGIMG_3181.JPGIMG_3182.JPGIMG_3183.JPGIMG_3189.JPG

Yep, the MTXL tires are a bit pricy!! I'm thinking of getting a set of the new Rovan XLT tires. They are built a bit beefier!! And I think a full set is about 160.00.

annn they come in pairs..☹..?..£89.99 over here last i looked☹☹said the
Guy at local hobby shop said xmaxx proline trenchers can be made to fit with a bit of careful trimming of the rim. My mill skills have been improving so perhaps ill give it a try. Made longer turnbuckles for my dbxl since my old ones are to short now. Came out good, just waiting on a lefthand tap to finish them.16100208512538360543659958945383.jpg
Not sure how working plastic will go. ?‍♂️

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks