First teardown of firehammer MT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flandanery

So I've put three tanks of fuel thru it and so far so good. I was suspicious of the wheel bearings,not spinning to well, also had to pull the shocks off because of fluid leaking. Wheel hubs were up to tight to bearings from factory. Any way my front shocks are bound up on the front upper shock bar. When I took the shock bars out I found the left one was bent right where the shock bushing was. Looking at the front end the upper and lower shock mounts are not parallel makes for binding on the mounting points. My right top turnbuckle is bent also making my steering knuckle angled back so top and bottom pivot points out of line with each other. Ahhhhh the joys of RC. Cheap fixes though. So I think I am going to drill out the holes for mounting the front upper shock bars. I am going to get some longer bars and thread the ends so shock removal will be a breeze. I think it will work nicely. Drilled at an angle would be better to get the tops parallel with the bottom. I made my own shock covers out of balloons, before you laugh try it. Just cut the balloon to length leaving the mouth piece, then slide the balloon over the bottom of the shock assembly and pull up to the adjusting ring, zip-tie and your done. Cheap and easy.

Does any one run a gap between the drive blocks and the bearings to ensure no bearing binding. Also any one have trouble with the rear wheel nuts loosening while running. Is Permatex red thread lock to much, or should I be using the blue.

That's enough for one day. Tearing it up tomorrow. Picks coming soon.

I made my own shock covers out of balloons, before you laugh try it. Just cut the balloon to length leaving the mouth piece, then slide the balloon over the bottom of the shock assembly and pull up to the adjusting ring, zip-tie and your done. Cheap and easy.
QUOTE]

Haha dats funny :clown: how are your comdoms holding up? Oh sorry
I ment balloons? :)

You will want too

So I've put three tanks of fuel thru it and so far so good. I was suspicious of the wheel bearings,not spinning to well, also had to pull the shocks off because of fluid leaking. Wheel hubs were up to tight to bearings from factory. Any way my front shocks are bound up on the front upper shock bar. When I took the shock bars out I found the left one was bent right where the shock bushing was. Looking at the front end the upper and lower shock mounts are not parallel makes for binding on the mounting points. My right top turnbuckle is bent also making my steering knuckle angled back so top and bottom pivot points out of line with each other. Ahhhhh the joys of RC. Cheap fixes though. So I think I am going to drill out the holes for mounting the front upper shock bars. I am going to get some longer bars and thread the ends so shock removal will be a breeze. I think it will work nicely. Drilled at an angle would be better to get the tops parallel with the bottom. I made my own shock covers out of balloons, before you laugh try it. Just cut the balloon to length leaving the mouth piece, then slide the balloon over the bottom of the shock assembly and pull up to the adjusting ring, zip-tie and your done. Cheap and easy.

Does any one run a gap between the drive blocks and the bearings to ensure no bearing binding. Also any one have trouble with the rear wheel nuts loosening while running. Is Permatex red thread lock to much, or should I be using the blue.

That's enough for one day. Tearing it up tomorrow. Picks coming soon.

OK ....Then you will want to have 1mm space from the wheel bearing to your wheel drive block......Note..Ballons work very well as shock covers..Slawhammer

Yep new wheel bearings roll on and on, much better. Balloons/condoms, I don't get to fancy with R/C but they are doing what I wanted. These shocks leak like mad, has anyone tried a felt spacer on top of the top o-ring, or smaller ID o-rings, something has got to solve the problem cheap and easy.

Thanks for the replies and happy hammering.

firehammer shocks are bad....you can repair them..but will leak again...
Get some FG (red) standard shocks..there better...you can find them on e-bay or maybe
other members in the forum will sell some to you....Slawhammer

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks