first time large scale Baja 5b ss or a Redcat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muell

Looking for opinions on a first large scale. I like both the Redcat stuff and the hpi baja. Im looking for some opinions on what would be best. I know the fg & mcd stuff is great but Im on a budget.

Looking for opinions on a first large scale. I like both the Redcat stuff and the hpi baja. Im looking for some opinions on what would be best. I know the fg & mcd stuff is great but Im on a budget.

if your looking for 4x4 redcat is good and price is not expensive.........and if 2wd baja is great to:2guns:

I'd have to say when faced with a Redcat/HPI choice, then try to narrow it by asking if you'd prefer an MT or a buggy. If its a buggy, then would 4WD be a deciding factor? I'm not sure about the durability of the Recats as I personally have never seen one. Also, what about aftermarket hop-up possibilities?

Redcat redcat redcat. my first (and only) is a MCD baja 1000. I love it!!! but i wanted a 4WD truck. didn't really want a MT though so this fit the bill perfectly.

i think you will enjoy either.

R

If I had the money, I would buy an MCD as well. But, I don't. And I can't see the MCDs getting too much more popular with all teh alternatives that are starting to come out of China.

If the quality of the out of country products, along with USA made, are good and they have good part supply/support too...MCD might come down or add a engine for the selling price they have now:) there are way too many RTR 4x4 1/5 vehicles out right now for $1200 and less, not to mention the future vehicles in production...the monopoly is over:lol:

Baja http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsaPT01jW80

redcat truck http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z357IBI-pFE

Last edited:
If you want to deal with a well known product with TONNES of info, mods and hop ups then you can't go past the baja, they are tough as nails and have a whole forum dedicated to just them (HPIbajaforum).

If you are the sort of person who likes to step outside the norm then take a shot on the 4wd from redcat.

another thing to consider is the redcat is brand new so there may be some growing pains with it. the baja has already went though them plus the baja handles great.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks