fitting gasket set to zenoha g26

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garethw1986

hi ive got a full gasket set for my engine after its running problems, ive never stripped one of these engines before and need help, does engine need to be removed from car? a fg monster in this case?if so is this easily done? cheers

If you're going to fully rebuild your engine then yes.

Engine out, remove clutch, exhaust, flywheel cover, ignition module and flywheel. Then you can start stripping the engine.

If you're going to all the trouble of doing the gaskets then you really should think about doing the crank bearings, seals and piston ring.

Mike

If you're going to fully rebuild your engine then yes.

Engine out, remove clutch, exhaust, flywheel cover, ignition module and flywheel. Then you can start stripping the engine.

If you're going to all the trouble of doing the gaskets then you really should think about doing the crank bearings, seals and piston ring.

Mike

I agree if you go to the trouble of taking completely apart replace the crank bearings, seals and piston ring. If you are just doing the top end I still recommend replacing the piston ring.

If you go to Zenoah they have a exploratory view and torque specks you can down load for free.

Do it how you would like but I have been a motorcycle mechanic for 40 plus years and there is a reason the manufacture list torque specks. If you over tighten you warp or crack something particularly on 2 bolt motors you do not tighten it enough it will leak or come loose. Have to wonder why some have so much trouble with 2 bolt motors?
https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=443

Torque specs are all so in every manual Zenoah or CY.

Last edited:
Do it how you would like but I have been a motorcycle mechanic for 40 plus years and there is a reason the manufacture list torque specks. If you over tighten you warp or crack something particularly on 2 bolt motors you do not tighten it enough it will leak or come loose. Have to wonder why some have so much trouble with 2 bolt motors?
https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=443

I know, I was joking :D

if your changing the gaskets you might aswell change the bearings and seals and put a new ring in it, you should pop along to the northwest offroad rc club, they run in broughton on sundays i,am sure they would give you some help there a good bunch of lads, check there forum out.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks