Found myself a little project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going xl after being in 1/5 scales I don't like any small rc cars except onroad even that nothing smaller than 1/8
Might go all carbon fiber there's a guy that makes 4mm tvp and 5mm shock towers in carbon fiber xl size. Just waiting to see how much. Then mabe I will leap
Na, chop it up the std length sucks imo... I'm also biased as I have an xl.
How are the differentials on this version of the savage. Are they solid or do they need upgrading. I'm thinking lrp 32 or a novarossi 28 pull start if I can find one

Last edited:
Alza Racing also have custom Savage parts, what might insterest you is the bulkhead braces

https://shop.alza-racing.com/en/flux-hp-standard/11-bulkhead-brace-conversion-kit.html
Good looking out I wanted to replace those also I must admit I really don't like the color purple. So if I can remove all the purple would be great
Seen some pictures people run the savage octane gas tank in center of chassie and octane radio box looks kind of nice. Something I might consider

Last edited:
So I stated taking this apart what's this servo on the bottom for next to the steering is that for reverse?20220602_172450.jpg20220602_172430.jpg20220602_172414.jpg20220602_172409.jpg20220602_172438.jpg
So this truck had reverse motor is super tight need to inspect and see if it was run hot or never broken in can’t turn flywheel unless I use pliers

Last edited:
Typical of a gummed up nitro engine sitting for years. Spray it up with carb cleaner get the gunk out. Bearings are probably trash as well. Give her a rebuild and new cylinder/ piston. If memory serves me right it was pretty cheap to rebuild.
Yes some models had reverse. Better off selling it at a tidy profit then keeping it. Idk if you can still get parts for them. I should have sold off all my 3 speed trans before hpi started production again.

Typical of a gummed up nitro engine sitting for years. Spray it up with carb cleaner get the gunk out. Bearings are probably trash as well. Give her a rebuild and new cylinder/ piston. If memory serves me right it was pretty cheap to rebuild.
Yes some models had reverse. Better off selling it at a tidy profit then keeping it. Idk if you can still get parts for them. I should have sold off all my 3 speed trans before hpi started production again.
Plan on bundling all the spare parts together and selling. Will run the motor till I get something better. Need to order all the upgrades for the driveline then I will start building. Really would love to grab a set of lst shocks.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks