Front brake setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bondslayer

I used the search box and really couldn't find any good info for adding front brakes. I saw posts regarding hydrolic and cables and servos but nothing other then that. Is there a how to or a sticky posted somewhere that I just didn't see?
Thanks again guys!

There is a racer called Karl on another forum who had designed some front brakes for his car albeit a fully moddified race car i.e very little is hpi so the car will work at least. The other alternative is to email Ian at www.oddified.com and ask about his mecatech discs and fitting kit.

I sent an email to oddified and am waiting for a response. Does anyone have a round about $$ amount for a fully functional kit? I'm looking for a dollar amount.

The debate between cable and hydraulic brakes will go on for years like clones, bling and alleged engine tuners.

In general,
Cable brakes
pros,
good if you've got a decent servo to pull them on and you can install them correctly and make them work evenly.
Cons,
not as powerful imo as hydraulics, the cable stretch and you loose performance.
Hydraulic brakes
pros,
Once installed and combined with a good servo, nothing will stop your car better, - ok maybe a telegraph pole. They are/should be fit and forget
Cons,
They can leak although I've never had any issues with any I've used but if you burst a pipe or snap a union then thats it, you've no brakes - this is why you should never use front and rear hydraulics off one master cylinder.

I sent an email to oddified and am waiting for a response. Does anyone have a round about $$ amount for a fully functional kit? I'm looking for a dollar amount.

integy sells several sets type 1-3, cable and hydraulic, i currently use the cable type 1 set
the cost for the integy run between $75-$90 for cable type 1 and 2
the hydaulic set runs about $130 type 3

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks