DBXL Front Diff Pinion Issue!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James H.

I took out the front diff and put some heavier diff fluid in... Long story short... when I go to put the diff back into the housing with the pinion it starts kinda grinding. The mesh isnt right for some reason. I have done this kind of thing MANY times before over the years, but for some reason even tho I put everything back together the way it came out, that pinion just doesn't want to cooperate!! Seems like the plastic housing has kinda warped or something, but the diff and bearings should push it back into spec. I am taking the rear diff housing apart tomorrow to be sure the bearings and shims are in correctly.

I'm just curious if anyone has had this same issue with the DBXL and what can be done for a remedy BESIDES spending hundreds and going aluminum on both the diff cup and housing.

Thanks guys, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

UPDATE:
When I put everything back together, this issue seemed to sort itself out. When I removed the Rear Differential and had the same issue i figured out that it wasnt such an issue as I thought. I put the riffs back together after installing the drive shafts before sealing the differential in the differential housingThis seemed to help get everything "in spec", and I was able to notice a difference in function of the diff itself.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks