Front Disk Brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james22ca

Are they a worthwhile upgrade.
I hace the stock brakes and they are not stopping well at all.
Are they worth the money, what king of braking do they provide?

They were my first upgrade. Can't drive the car with only the original brake.
The front disc brakes will provide the braking that you want, if u use them to "tight" they will stop in seconds (lock the wheel), if u run them loose. the only help the rear one stoping the car.

Are they a worthwhile upgrade.
I hace the stock brakes and they are not stopping well at all.
Are they worth the money, what king of braking do they provide?

They are a great upgrade. They will double your braking power. It will also allow you to put less stress on the throttle servo lessening the burn out/failure chance. You will need the following:
Front brakes. 6250/3 or 6250/7 - $140.00
Alloy front uprights. 6103/6 - No others. - $107.00
It is nice to have a 3ch radio.
Servo.

If you have a strong enough servo, you can run the stock brake and the front disc's together. I am running a Hitec 5955tg and it does well with 333 oz/in.

If you have a newer FG M/T you can get away with out having to buy the alloy uprights, I did it on mine and I'm having good luck so far.

Check with www.largescalerc.com. I bought mine for $128 plus shipping.

Good luck!

Trip..

And yes, they are worth the money.

im running a Hitec 645MG for the throat/ rear discs and the same on the fronts. im think i may put all the brakes on one servo and upgrade the braking servo for the brakes to the JR Z9000s on the Bergs.

I already have the alloy uprights so that no big deal.
as for the 3rd servo I can see the function of it other then having two servos for power.
If i run it in the 3rd channel in the receiver is there a way I can mix the channels so both 2 and 3 move with the same motion on the remote?

I remember reading something about this with my old 3PM radio but I now have a Spektrum DX3.

Yes, you can mix it to work great with the DX3. Thats why its nice to have the 3rd servo. I could crank the front down real tight if wanted and leave the rear less or visaversa.

Last edited:
When running front and rear brakes of a single channel, then all mixing has to be done mechanically, and you need the car standing still, in order to do that.

If you use a decent system and 2 seperate channels for front and rear brakes, then miksing can be done in the controller, and while driving....

My Leo brakes in around 1/3 the distance of what the used to be using.

If I previusly needed 60' to brake, then I can now do it in 20'

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks