front shock mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky1976

ok so i finally broke in my baja comp. i took it out bashing with a friend the other day and on the frist jump the front shock mount and front shock broke:cool2: i didnt even jump that high the whole car is aluminum exept for the front shock mount ??? i cant find the stock parts anywhere. can i get an aluminum replacement shock mount?

stock # is 66287 cant find it anywhere :helpsmilie:

will this fit? http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.1573/.f
and this shocks? http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.1558/.f

Last edited:
Not sure if a standard Marder front shock mount will work. I think the Comps is a bit shorter. Your best bet would be to call Molzer Mowery racing :phone: here in MN. If you don't have long distance I would call for you if you would like? They will know or will find out what will cross reference for the parts you need.

Plastic, why the heck would they use plastic on an alloy toy!!:dots:

i have no idea why they used plastic not to smart... if ull call that would be great if not ill have to find time tomorrow and try to call from work its not gona be easy lol thanks...

yeah i looked at bigboys also but iam gona wait for bigger the better to try and find out if ill fit befor i get it. i don't wana get the stock one again it sucks...

I looked at the manual and it looks like the plastic piece is the 2 elcon parts molded together. I am sure if you contact brad at Daves motors he can compare them as he has the elcon parts in stock and also has the baja comp in stock. Qouted .. give brad a email he'll compare them and reply back fast for you !!

Not good news... The tower is a special tower made for the 4x4. The item is not yet a stock item for the distributer. They are not sure how long it would take to get from the manufacture. They say they know no upgrade for the part as of yet and the marder tower will not work.

Sorry :(

Because the tower mounts forward of the axles like the leopard anything marder will not fit I can't seem to find a leopard alloy tower either to see if it can be made to fit so i think you might be pooped unless someone else can find one.
If you want a plakky one get it from hobbythek, they'll have them for sure, they are FG's main outlet and are only 3 blocks from the factory...they have evrything FG makes...minimum shipping is 8euro so you might want to get a couple of other spares whilst you're at it.Try emailing them for an ETA on alloy ones too they'll know.
I snapped a standard front shock on my baja all you should need is a $10 shaft.

Ya, looks like FG has no upgrade in the near future. Here is what FG had to say:

####,

there will be no upgrade for the part 66287, because this part is new. Maybe in the future, but it's not scheduled at this time.
Following distributor are in the USA, please contact them. I don't know if they have this part in stock.

VS MODELSPORT
Bob Sarnelle
6408 Independence Ave.
91367 Woodland Hills, CA
Tel. 001/818-888-9050
Fax 001/805-494-1661
e-mail: [email protected]

Dave´s Discount Motors DDM Racing
228 West 12300 South, Suite 106
84020 Draper / UT
Tel. 001/8016190235
Fax 001/8016190240
e-mail: [email protected]

Kind regards
Katja

i asked Hobbythek and they also don't have anything i guess we'll have to wait and use the stock one for now...

thats what Hobbythek e-mailed me back

thank you for your enquiry. We are sorry, but at the moment there is no alloy front shock tower on the market. Should you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.We are looking forward to hearing from you. Best regards Wolfgang LendrichRC-Car-Shop - HobbythekNauenweg 5547805 KrefeldGermanyTel. +49 2151 820200Fax +49 2151 8202020http://www.rc-car-online.de

do you guys think this is gona work?
ok so i order elcon part#13408. i drilled four new holes in the front axle reinforcing plate moving the mount .8cm to the front mounted the shock mount and the shocks fit right on with no problems and nothing is touching the shocks hope it works well....

Attachments

• th_a1.jpg
    th_a1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 35
  • th_a3.jpg
    th_a3.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 27
I think you did a very good job. As long as nothing is over stretched or binding it should work as it should. If there is room underneath the mount you may want to find some type of sheet support or something to make sure the plate :As stated above: is strong enough to not bend instead of the mount in a collision. I would think if the plate is beefed up then the mount will snap at the wings and not the plate bending and then the wings snapping. JM2C.
Looks great, like it should of been.:clap::cup-1:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks