FS Racing 1/5th "King Kong-Wild Horse" Tires and Rims Options???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamond Dave

Anyone here have a link to buying some new tires and rims for the FS King Kong? I am assuming I have the stock yellow rims and street type tires.

Also is there anyway I can find the build manual for this thing?

I just bought it, never owned a 1/5th scale gasser before.

Any help would be appreciated. If any one here can give me some heads up on maintenaince or what I should look for will help a ton.

Carb tuning, spare parts online, add ons or enhancements of any sort.

Thanks alot for any help.

Thats great, thanks for that.

I did not know they were around. Gives me that much more resources.

Any opinion as to the FS Racing King Kong?

What might be some of the first things to do to it from a stock set up to something a little more tweaked?

There's a good mod for the difs on the fs racing forum. I hear the stock motor is a bit of a dog. a tuned pipe is a must have IMO. dual steering servos too.

I bought a Jetpro pipe the second day I had it. I am going to get the second servo soon enough. I am using the servo in it "GWServo S666N"

Recommend better ones? Or just buy a second of the same model and replace them both with better ones later?

I bought a Jetpro pipe the second day I had it. I am going to get the second servo soon enough. I am using the servo in it "GWServo S666N"

Recommend better ones? Or just buy a second of the same model and replace them both with better ones later?

The GWS Servo is ok however I have a buddy that upgraded to the HITECS and he said that it made a world of difference. I haven't had any issues as of yet and I have put it through its paces.

Don't know if anyone else has any other ideas or servos that they would recommend.

The GWS Servo is ok however I have a buddy that upgraded to the HITECS and he said that it made a world of difference. I haven't had any issues as of yet and I have put it through its paces.

Don't know if anyone else has any other ideas or servos that they would recommend.

What model of the HI-tec servo? I may have gotten mine to wet this weekend. Might as well buy two new ones.

the FS runs wheel squares same as what FG do so the FG rims and tires are compatible with FS, alternativley you can get yourself some wheel adaptors, i run wheel wizards and then you can run the wide range of HPI style rims and tires.

I see, thanks for the info. I am sure I will get it all figured out and spare parts and new wheels and rims eventually.

Have to get the second servo soon, or just get 2 new ones.

The servos needed are 5755's ,1/4 scale and a Y-harness this mod should be found on fs forum also.
Your going to need to modify the plate or up grade to a aluminum plate to fit the hitech's .

The servos needed are 5755's ,1/4 scale and a Y-harness this mod should be found on fs forum also.
Your going to need to modify the plate or up grade to a aluminum plate to fit the hitech's .

I am sure I can modify the plate, but I like the sound of an alum plate.

Any chance of an aluminum part number or name of one?

I am still just new to the 5th scale and am learning who makes what and where I can order it. Sorry for the lame questions,All the help is great!!:D

Some help with a Manual...

Does anyone know where I can get the manual for the FS King Kong?

I was running my truck abit ago, no problems. I check it today and I am

not sure what happened, but the on/off switch is melted abit.

Along with some of the wiring leading to the steering servo and fuel servo.

Not bad, still have to check it for operation, looks repairable.

The 5 cell receiver pack on the other hand, has had a small meltdown,

again not sure why. Maybe moisture. Anyway, some help in explaining the

wiring would be great. Also, the DDM racing batt pack was bought with the

receiver connection built in (factory made) What do you guys think a good

solution to this might be? 5 cell or 4 cell pack to replace it? Make one or

buy it? The switch is the one that sits in the top of the batt lid, where I

mount the receiver. Thanks for the advice, or ideas!!

sounds like you had a bad connection. will give you a high amp draw that leads to the new coming out.lol
Most people use 5 cell hump packs with no issues .some that race do not run a switch at all.
post up some pics if your still not sure.

sounds like you had a bad connection. will give you a high amp draw that leads to the new coming out.lol
Most people use 5 cell hump packs with no issues .some that race do not run a switch at all.
post up some pics if your still not sure.

I will check a few things and maybe post a few pics, I left the batt plugged in for a few days, not sure if the switch was off. That could be part of it.

The 5 cell hump pack I bought is more than likely garbage, might rebuild it.

I have some spare cells and I will get a few connectors at the lhs, make another receiver pack instead of buying one.

I will see if they have a switch as well, thanks for the input. Just need to search for some parts. I could still use the users manual for the FS King Kong.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks