fuel economy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flandanery

I've been getting run-times of over an hour with my stock Firehammer MT. I have double checked the needles and they are good. plug looks good maybe a bit rich. Could the long run times be from to rich of a fuel mixture, or how about to much oil on the air filter. The thing sounds fine and is running great. I have been running a 32:1 fuel oil mixture, or at least I think it's 32:1. I mix 12.4mL of oil to 400cc of gas. 1mL=1cc

One more thing what will air being scavenged in after the carb do?

Hi there and welcome.
Mixture seems fine. Some will go for 25:1 saying it's only a little bit more oil, but quite a bit more lubrication.
I've one of the many 'lazy' guys, and have 1L bottle you can buy on Ebay for about $6. You fill to the 1L line, then add oil according to the mixture ratio indicated, then obviously stopper and mix ..

Not sure about your air comment. If you're talking about a possible leak, and air ingress, then it will lean the mixture permitting more air in, and the engine will run leaner and hotter - check the plug. There's a thread somewhere here indicating the plug colours - too rich to too lean
Al.

The plug shows a rich mixture. Fine by me to be on the rich side. Just curious about run times exceeding 60 minutes per tank. Any one else?

what sort of area are you running in??? do you get to wind the thing right out much??? in my touring car is get more than an hour, however im not using all the power its got.

I've a seriously heavy FG MT, with a standard G260RC Zenoah engine, and DDM high end Dominator. I blast it on the ground outside the house, but to keep the neighbours reasonably happy, I limit it to around 20 minutes at a time - routinely around 3 times, or 1 hour +/- with plenty of hard acceleration and wheelies - not all of the time as I have to steer it as well.
50-60 minutes is quite normal from what I understand.
My MT weighs 18kg+ !!! :D:D

If its running ok I wouldnt worry about it, the 45min run time is only a guide. You will burn more fuel under racing type conditions rather than general bashing for example.

hey good to hear. Back yard bashing mostly, and keeping the neighbors happy. I get to hit some pits now and again too. I'm impressed by the run times.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Usually my offroads (marder clone and km baja) use just little fuel. Maybe over hour run time. But my 23cc onroad is way more thirsty. I can burn almost full tank with in 1/2 hour. I have huge asphalt area to drive so there is lot of highspeed WOT passes.

Engine speed can be related to fuel consumption, but we're not talking big differences between 23 and 26cc engines here - we're not talking Jag 4.2 and Ferrari 4.3 - allowing for weight, the point I'm making is the Fezza revs 2.5k higher and will definitely burn fuel more quickly. Bad example, possibly?

How about Honda 16V and Vauxhall 16V .... whatever.

Silly question?
Is the tank smaller?
Just a thought.
Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks