Fuel leaking somewhere low?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnston.jer

First run tonight! I am hooked. It looks like I have a fuel leak though? When Ina, done with my run I have fuel all over the bottom of the chassis and sprayed all over the pull start cover and body just around the pullstart? I did fill the tank to the point of overflowing....oops. Cleaned everything and bone dry. Next run was a short one but still have fuel coming from somewhere. Any advice. This hasn't even had three runs on it. Just breaking it in. Taking it easy.

I just went in for the night. I need to adjust the idle lower. But that shouldn't have anything to do with it. It's too dark out tonight. Any suggestions on where to look tomorrow? It can only be leaking from the tank right? Its running pretty well. It isnt leaking around the exhaust. Maybe the carb isn't seating properly. That woul cause gas to leak and air in causing a high idle correct?

I just went in for the night. I need to adjust the idle lower. But that shouldn't have anything to do with it. It's too dark out tonight. Any suggestions on where to look tomorrow? It can only be leaking from the tank right? Its running pretty well. It isnt leaking around the exhaust. Maybe the carb isn't seating properly. That woul cause gas to leak and air in causing a high idle correct?

Yes this is true a leak from the carb will cause air to get in and idle high. I would not think gas was coming from the tank and leak for it to get around by the pull starter or on the engine seems like a leak from the tank would only stay at the bottom of the car. I would run the car off the ground and look it over while its running and try to see where the gas is leaking from.

Its mostly on the bottom chassis and on the rear under the motor and tank. Some spray seems to be on the suspension arms on the rear pull start side. I will run it tomorrow and see what's up.

did you spill fuel when you filled the tank? or did you tip the buggy over to the fuel cap side? you could of leaked thru the vent on the fuel cap,check your engine gaskets,crankcase, head and carb base gaskets,

So Happy with this KM 2.0. What a riot driving! The only thing I have had to do is adjust the throttle trim, and Fix the rubber gas cap seal. Very cool.

First run tonight! I am hooked. It looks like I have a fuel leak though? When Ina, done with my run I have fuel all over the bottom of the chassis and sprayed all over the pull start cover and body just around the pullstart? I did fill the tank to the point of overflowing....oops. Cleaned everything and bone dry. Next run was a short one but still have fuel coming from somewhere. Any advice. This hasn't even had three runs on it. Just breaking it in. Taking it easy.

Cheap fuel line are the main cause of gas leakage.:D

Man speed...yours is a lot cleaner than mine lol. I have run three times and my buggy is completely filthy. Grass packed everywhere and gravel dust all over. What's the best way to clean these things? I took a chunk out of the lower body panel today. They are really thin. Anyone use brake cleaner to clean?

Man speed...yours is a lot cleaner than mine lol. I have run three times and my buggy is completely filthy. Grass packed everywhere and gravel dust all over. What's the best way to clean these things? I took a chunk out of the lower body panel today. They are really thin. Anyone use brake cleaner to clean?

I broke both my lower body panels on my second outting these bodies seem quite brittle! As for cleaning i pretty much strip my KM every time after a run to clean it, i use a small paint brush to clean out excess dirt and grass then clean everything down with a damp cloth. Also use WD40 on a cloth to clean plastics up i find without it the plastics stay mud stained. When cleaning the wheels i use warm water and a good stiff brush you can really give them a scrub and they look like new seems to work really well on the tyres too! It seems like a lot of effort to do this after every run but its kinda satisfying cleaning it and making it look pretty again!:D

Great advice! Thanks. Doesn't someone make a full body upper and lower fit the baja. I can't remember the name but they cover almost all of the underbody.

Your thinking of pro-line they do the dessert rat body which is what i will be getting next and they also do an undertray that covers the whole underside! Dunno if they are any good though.

That's right it is pro line desert rat body that is the body I have in the pic above. The bottom body does keep a lot of trash and dirt it from the car makes it a lot easier to clean.My

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks