Fuel mixture

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is everybody using stock Losi oil to mix unleaded gas with or will any 2 stroke oil work? I have a lot of STIHL leaf blower oil at home.

haha. I'm more of a track basher but prefer to keep my stuff as nice as possible so I wanted to double check if any oil would work since the price of losi oil is a little salty compared to everything else

You want a quality oil. I run castor 927 but used to run some dark chainsaw oil I got from walmart and that ended up killing my motor. Caused a black carbon build up on top of my piston that broke up and scored my head. Oil is so cheap why skimp out? I buy half gallon at a time which lasted me the whole summer.

The Losi oil is the same as HPI it's ok I run it when I'm to lazy to go to motorcycle shop and get Klotz
Just rember don't mix two different types of oil they may not mix and turn to grit
Run all of fuel out of engine and put new in and start and let sit running for a few minutes before you do any hard running [emoji457]

I am a total newb, so if this question is totally stupid just slap me.. lol

I know everyone says 25:1, but I was just wondering how much oil is that to a gallon? does it matter what kind of oil? One chart says 5.12oz of oil to 1 gal of gas..

can we use 110octane race fuel? or is 91 pump gas the best we can use?

Again sorry for all the dumb questions

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks