Fuel Pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle ed

Just wondring if the fuel pipe is specific to petrol or could i use fuel pipe that i use on my nitro cars or would the petrol corrode the pipe
thank you

16 views and no one has corrected him !!!
you can't use nitro fuel line on petrol as it will dissolve into a goopey mess
it starts inside the tube so isn't immediately noticeable
and it will block your carb

stick some tube in a glass bottle with some gas and leave it sealed for a few days then take it out and check. mythbusters style... is it door #1 or door #2?

I am using chemical safe tubing I bought from the hardware store. I can't say for sure but I wouldn't think petrol would dissolve silicone if alcohol and nitro won't. besides the tubing is a different size.

16 views and no one has corrected him !!!
you can't use nitro fuel line on petrol as it will dissolve into a goopey mess
it starts inside the tube so isn't immediately noticeable
and it will block your carb

I don't have to be corrected mate, four and a half years of running nitro fuel lines on my FG is long enough to see if they melt and they are still going strong. You have probably bought cheap stuff.
J.
Oh,I did change one of the lines because 'I like the colour':blink:

You prob use Tygon line with your nitros. Its the best for both. Silicone tubing is the cheaper more popular tubing used for nitro and will dissolve when used with gas.
NOW:
If your talking the metal tubing for the tanks then YES you can use it. Its brass and will not be effected by either.

i had the cheap crap(nitro line) and it don't work. so unless you get the good stuff, i wouldnt bother. the other problem will be the diameter. not for fuel intake, but for the gromets going into the tank. you can get fuel tubing at the hardware store and auto shop really cheap.

yes, gas tubing is specifically graded for gas. other non gas rated tubing will deteriorate, swell, crack, split or all of the above.

tygon is gas rated.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks