Fuel tank hole lid not threading caps properly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoneRogue

Hey guys
My rovan Baja fuel tanks leaking and im pretty sure it's because the caps aren't screwing I'm properly, anyone else have this issue and is there a solution other then buying a new tank?

Attachments

• IMG_20210405_230350.jpg
    IMG_20210405_230350.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 6
The original cap does screw on but not well I believe as it also leaks from the bottom, I've also tried changing the plastic cap inside

What should I do to prevent this? Also this started happening even before I got an alloy cap. New to this so I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time 😂

Look that cap over well, DDM had a small batch of them where the caps had messed up threads. They were not only cut incorrectly, but they were razor sharp. So even the slightest mis-thread and they were done.

As said above though, new tank time. Just be sure to check that ddm cap over before install on new tank

As Rep mentioned earlier up the thread, be very careful.
Once the aluminium thread cuts into the plastic that's it - I did that 10 years ago with my FG MT.

I ended up with a new tank, and threaded VERY CAREFULLY.
It was correct, but every time I removed the alloy cap, I always replaced VERY carefully to avoid cross-threading it again - could happen every time if not careful!!
Looks good nevertheless.

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks