Fueling Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhilly82

My baja just started having a fuel problem, when it gets to about half a tank it will die when coming to a idle, it will stay running if i give it throttle. I have checked the fuel cap and the problem is still there without the fuel cap so I know its not the vent, the filter in the tank has been cleaned and is in the tank sump( i gusse thats what its called ) I have put new fuel line on it as well.

So does anyone have a idea or should i just get a new tank?

No leaks anywhere, as I said it only does this when i get to about 1/2 tank. If i fill the tank back up the problem is gone till it gets back to half a tank of fuel left.

I am getting ready to tare the buggy down for a good cleaning and will be replacing the gaskets on the intake and exhaust when i do this, so maybe the problem will just go away then.

Tearing it down won't guarantee the problem will go away,
Have you tried replacing the fuel lines ?

Troy

Last edited:
Change the fuel lines. I'll bet the black feed line has a hole in it inside of the tank. Mine actually broke right off inside of the tank and would fuel starve at around half a tank I couldn't figure it out until I pulled the fuel lines out of the tank.

Edit never mind just reread the op and saw you replaced the lines

Found the problem, fuel lines were on backwards. I always think the top ones are the feed. The return line was about 3/4ths into the tank so it was starting to suck air around half tank. Sometimes i get wrenching faster then my brain works. Feel a little dumb now, but atleast its fixed.

Also did a carb kit incase some dirt got sucked in since it was running without a filter.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks