Full Marder transmission on Firehammer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cassius

Hello, I know there are multiple parts on the Firehammer that are not compatible with the Marder. My issue is that since the Firehammer is discontinued it means that eventually the parts that have the greatest chance of breaking and that are not FG compatible will be impossible to replace.

I'm thinking maybe I could buy an entire FG Marder transmission and replace it on the Firehammer. That way if anything break I just buy FG.

Is that even possible? Thank you for your time and help. :)

i don't know about the marder but i do know that you can use fg parts but you'll have to convert all of the rear end to fg. you can't mismatch fhammer and fg, it has to be all one or the other. i found that out the hard way.

There really isn't a "Transmission" on an FG...

To do what you you are trying to accomplish you will need the following parts:

FG Clutchbell
FG Clutch Housing, plastic or alloy
FG Pinion gear
FG Spur gear
FG Large motor mount, plastic or alloy
FG Small motor mount, Plastic or alloy
FG Layshaft is optional
FG Transfer gear/layshaft gear
FG Diff gear.

Inside the rear diff
FG Rear diff gears (spiders)
FG Diff outdrive cups
FG Rear dogbones.
You can reuse your DTX diff carrier and outer diff sleeve.

I Think I got 'em all.

It's a long list and it's expensive, but if you buy a used FG it's going to need most if not all these parts anyway.

Last edited:
the main difference is the spacing... the motor side plate (clutchbell and spur area) has a different spacing than the fg. you change the motor side plate and large motor mount to fg and you are good to go. you can't mix the 2 as the angle would be off.

and there's always nutech gt5r parts you can use. it's a clone of the fg sportline with a few slight differences but I use them since I can buy alloy parts that way super cheap

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks