Full scale! What do you drive?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was scary was the fact we were doing about 100 km/h when the wheel and half-shaft came off, we scraped to a stop amazingly without problem, but the wheel and shaft continued on, THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF A VILLAGE !!!!!!! and ended up in the woods at the other end when the road went around the corner !!
Casualties?

NONE !!!!

I can laugh now, but the sight of that disappearing at that speed, potential consequences, including death by village beating ... !!

Al.

I blew the 12 bolt rearend in my El Camino when I was in my teens.
el_camino.jpg
Same car but I had white stripes, plus mine was an SS with a blown 427 sticking out of the hood, but at least you know what the car looked like.

Anyway, I was running down the highway and the rearend started to shake a bit, then the back of the car hit the ground and slid all over. I got out of the car and saw I was missing the drivers wheel! The C clip that retains the axle within the rearend had broken and the axle, wheel and the brake drum had slammed through the windshield of a Ford Thunderbird, right between the driver and passenger! It was stabbed about 10 inches into the center console.

Scary poop!

Did you guys notice in the pic of the green truck, he was welding the gas tank! I like to call that pic "Safety Third"

Here is an actual pic of one of my trucks, this is a '94 S10 Blazer 200hp 4.3 V6, w/100hp shot of N2O. It's sitting on a 6 inch SkyJacker lift, with a 3 inch bodylift, rear shackles and a Torsion bar crank. Tires are 35X13.50X15's Maxxis mudders. This is next to my buddy's Jap Crap as we call it... the Jap Crap was about 1 1/2 inches taller than my Blazer before I lifted it. Now i am 14 inches higher than him.

5inch3inch35s3.jpg

I hated that stupid brush guard on the front, it was there when I bought it, it's gone now... Yes I put the lift on it.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks