Futaba 3pm-mx help please !!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkyd31

Hi guys, I recently bought a losi 5B 1/5th buggy and had removed all the gas stuff. I bought and have installed the TLR electric conversion kit now and will be running a castle 2028 and ztw pro 300 amp esc. My question to the forum is... I have a futaba 3pm-mx with a 603FF fast receiver. If anyone could help me with how to connect my 2 steering servos and my mech brake servo and esc into my 603ff receiver? How to set the radio up would be a mega help as well. When I did buy the buggy, it came with a spektrum dx4s radio but I'm a futaba fan and want to send this spektrum down the road... Thanks for any help from the forum.... dave

Does your radio allow channel mixing? Channel mixing is like mirroring 1channel to another.

I’m thinking of doing the same as you so this is how I understand it, if what I’m thinking is correct ?

With the steering servos you can connect them both to channel 1 with a “Y” servo lead.

I’m running x1 steering servo to make things less complicated.

The other option is for channel mixing, you can plug the extra steering servo into the 3rd or any spare channel on the receiver and setup up servo mixing if your radio allows, for channel 1&3

The same would apply for the throttle servo but you would need a 4channel receiver. To mix both steering servos together and both the esc and throttle servo together.

So I think your best bet because your receiver only has 3channels will be to link your two steering servos with a “Y” lead and see if you can mix the throttle servo with channel 2 (esc). you would then be able to set the throttle servo to brake only with end point adjustments.

If your radio does not allow channel mixing you may just have to run a “Y” lead for you steering servos and run no mechanical brakes and just rely on the motor for braking.

I hope this makes some kind of sense
O yeah, I forgot. Post some pics of you buggy ASAP?

Last edited:
Hi Jimbo,,,thanks for the reply back to my radio issue. Soooo we "y" connect the 2 steering servos and that goes to port #1 on the receiver... Then my esc ZTW or the hobbystar 300amp rebranded ZTW goes into port # 2. Lastly, we have the mechanical brake servo and that would go into port # 3. I do in fact have mixing on my futaba 3pm-mx radio. I really didn't want to buy a new futaba 4PM radio as 5th scale is very expensive coming off of 8th scale. When I bought the buggy it came with a spektrum DX4s radio that I'm almost certain would work. I'd have to download a manual and then learn a new radio that I didn't really want to learn lol..I have all my rc's on this radio and had to buy many receivers in the past few years and selling off my stock radios and receivers for cheap... Does what I said sound like what you have explained for me to do ? Thanks, Dave

Castle 2028.jpegTLR Steering Plate.jpgTLR Rear Chassis Brace.jpgLosi Lipo Trays.jpgLosi 5B With Body.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Jimbo,,,thanks for the reply back to my radio issue. Soooo we "y" connect the 2 steering servos and that goes to port #1 on the receiver... Then my esc ZTW or the hobbystar 300amp rebranded ZTW goes into port # 2. Lastly, we have the mechanical brake servo and that would go into port # 3. I do in fact have mixing on my futaba 3pm-mx radio. I really didn't want to buy a new futaba 4PM radio as 5th scale is very expensive coming off of 8th scale. When I bought the buggy it came with a spektrum DX4s radio that I'm almost certain would work. I'd have to download a manual and then learn a new radio that I didn't really want to learn lol..I have all my rc's on this radio and had to buy many receivers in the past few years and selling off my stock radios and receivers for cheap... Does what I said sound like what you have explained for me to do ? Thanks, Dave

Hi dave.

The 5b looks awesome. Liking the colour scheme on the body.

Yes that sounds correct to my understanding. I have never done channel mixing before so it’s new to me too.
In theory mixhing chanel 3 the brake servo with Chanel 2 the esc would work them both the same.

Then you will need to see what happens, if the brake servo works the wrong way round ie braking when you want to accelerate than channel 3 will need to be reversed in the radio settings.

Then to set the mechanical brake servo up so that it does not move forward when you accelerate you will need to set the end points for forward only to 0 on channel 3 in the radio.

If all that works than you are good to go ?

Please let us know how you get on as it will help me and others in the future ?

Good luck.
Jim

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks