Futaba 3PM-X Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myrcbud

I wanna be able to steer (pretty important), brake, throttle and use a killer bee kill switch all with a Futaba 3PM-X. Here's the catch, I want the throttle and brake to work on a separate servo if I select the 3rd channel, which in case 1 servo if I don't select 3rd channel and vise versa. Is this possible without a 4 CH TX? Will the Kill switch still work? or am I dreaming and just have to suck it up and get a 4CH

Example

Last edited by a moderator:
The super bee will work inline with a servo so its not required you have a open channel for the kill switch. You could run it inline with you throttle servo if you want.

So you want a servo on all 3 channels, plus a Super Bee kill switch, on a 3 channel radio? Yes you can do that, thanks to the adjustability of the Super Bee. Put a 2-way Y splitter cable on your Aux channel. Plug the servo and Super Bee into the splitter. Flip down the #1 dip switch on the Super Bee to turn off Aux control. You can then move that servo all ya want without killing the engine. To kill the engine just turn off the transmitter power. It'll also kill during a radio glitch or low battery.

Here's a splitter cable if you need one.
http://www.killerrc.com/product/2-way-splitter-cable/
or
http://www.killerrc.com/product/4-way-splitter-cable/

Then if you get a 4 channel radio in the future, like a Futaba 4PLS, then you can put the Super Bee on channel 4 by itself and flip that #1 dip switch back up, so you can then kill the engine with your 4th channels Aux button.

Thanks,
Kent

:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks