Futaba 3pv or 4pv for losi mtxl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard MXLT

Hi Everyone, I was after some advice,on controllers, i have recently purchased a used losi mtxl,and have read on the forum upgrading to aftermarket controllers will help with the steering on the losi mtlx i just wanted to know if the futaba 3pv will do the job or will the 4pv have better adjustment thanks in advance

Thanks Dougstar,I'm a newbie to 1\5 your advice is much appreciated.I justed wanted to know before the purchase So if they are both great i will the futaba 3pv and spend the extra money on the truck cheers

Hi Dougstar, i have a killer bee kill switch to install i have not yet used the truck. The guy i purchased the truck off just used the factory fail safe in which I'm not willing to do.

They are both good radios. I have had both radios, have 4PX now. They have a very different feel to them both. They use the same battery packs. Get the rechargeable pack from Hobbyking for them, they are $15. The 3pv does not have an assignable failsafe. It will just move the throttle servo to a preset location and not activate the killer Bee switch. The 3pv is a solid entry level radio but the resolution in steering and throttle is mildly noticeable. I would strongly recommend the best radio you can afford even if you have to save for a little bit. The 4PV has all the features you will need and allows you to adjust steering and brake dual rate on the fly with the thumb buttons, something that is nice if you race at all. The 4pv also has the option of having the wheel drop down added to aid in comfort. If the 4pv is in your budget then get that radio.

Hi Everyone, i would like to say thanks for the advice!!! I purchased a futaba t4pv got a great deal 2 receivers,rechargeable battery and carry case. Now to fit it. Cheers

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks