Futaba dual servo setup.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only if the manual was that simple for the 7px. And I think john had to go and fiddle with the trims individually and couldn use the mix menu to get it dialed in. Oh john, we need your input here.

Last edited:
The power bus on an RX is good for about 20 amps, standard servo plugs are good for about 5amps. So an RX should be able to run 4 servos without much drama. Mixing will always be better from a geometry standpoint as you are able to independently adjust sub trim and end points.

The mixing with that radio looked very slick!

A 845 is rated up to 10 amps at stall. Now double that and you've over shot your 20 amp board limit and well exceeded a 5amp plug "limit". Even the no load amperage, which is a useless rating, is at 1.6amps. Now enter your load the amps have to go up, pluse double for running 2 servos in parallel. Let alone account for a servo crapping out. I can see the none issue on a smaller rc, but your just asking for issues in this bigger stuff. Weve seen plenty of servos bite the dust here late, savox and hitec alike.

A 845 is rated up to 10 amps at stall. Now double that and you've over shot your 20 amp board limit and well exceeded a 5amp plug "limit". Even the no load amperage, which is a useless rating, is at 1.6amps. Now enter your load the amps have to go up, pluse double for running 2 servos in parallel. Let alone account for a servo crapping out. I can see the none issue on a smaller rc, but your just asking for issues in this bigger stuff. Weve seen plenty of servos bite the dust here late, savox and hitec alike.

This is why the SGT1000 made sense, it is also why I recomend the MTXL harness for friends going with dual servo setups. We haven't even talked about the bottle neck the switch creates. There are a lot of issues with the massive servos we are running and few off the shelf solutions.

Trying to fit a 1.000" pipe into a 0.900" hole. The 1.000" pipe is the amp draw. The 0.900" is all the load can take. See the interference? You and I both know you cant get those two pieces to mate nicely with that much interference. If you try it may go at first, but it will quickly start galling. Or think of it this way, too fast a traversing speed leads to chatter and tooling failures. Same thing with over amping a system.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks