Futaba large scale steering servo????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upDUHcreek

Most of you who know me, already know I'm a Futaba guy, and I've used their products for decades. I am disapointed that they don't offer a servo that's capable of being used as a steering servo in my Baja. Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a problem with my Hitec steering servo, I just wish it was a little faster, and that it said Futaba on it instead of Hitec. I was hoping that some of you other Futaba guys out there might feel the same way, and would like to join in with me to show them the error of their ways.

I just finished writing them a message on their product ideas and improvement page. I'm shure they'll ignore it when they get to work on Monday, unless I can get your help. One mesage would be easy to ignore, but a couple hundred, or a couple thousand of them would at least get them to seriously consider the idea. So if your like me, and you'd like to see Futaba make a product we can use as a steering servo, send them a message, here's a link to the propper page to leave your mesage.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/suggestion.html

Thanks for listening, and thank you very much to those of you who send a message,
Charlie

DUY! Futaba has servos for large scale but the cost far exceeds the poor quality of their products. As You probably know Im a big Hitec fan! I had Futaba servos in the past and everyone that I owned died durring the warranty and Futaba refused to warranty them. I was fed up with paying big money for their servos only to throw them way. :mad: I now have no problem using Hitec servos. I prefer the Hitec HS805 servo. I haven't had on fail yet. The Hitec servos are more reasionable and hold up better than Futaba. Futaba should learn a few things from Hitec about what their customers really want and start making servos that last!:lol:

Exactly which servo did you buy? They don't make any large scale servos that are capable of handling the abuse of an offroad 5th scale vehicle. If you go to their website, they recomend a standard sized servo, and everything I've heard says don't use any standard sized servo for steering. The gears, and the output shafts are too small, and will eventually break.

The only servo Futaba has is the S3306MG servo with 333oz and it is a pyle. The only servos I use are Hitec HS805 servo or the generic Tower TS80 or hobbico CS80. I have never blown one up yet. I have only stripped the output gears which are cheap to replace.

A lot of the touring car drivers use 2 of the brushless servos together. What you have to remember is that futaba is a massive company and large scale is just a pimple compaired to other scales.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks