G230rc mod ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What can I do to a stock G230RC Zenoah red or black cap motor to get a bit more power from it?
I have to use a wyk 194 carb and a 10.5mm or 8.5mm restictor plate. I would like to keep it looking stock & original on the outside.
I would like more torque and top end if possible. Any Suggestions?
LMK
Thanks

a high end tuned pipe will see you right. try looking up Jetporo and DDM pipes.

What car is this for, and can you please update your location so that we can give you appropriate local advice

problen with a tuned pipe is he MUST run the restrictor plates in the carb.

so likely a tuned pipe will not preform well, due to the limited fuel/air intake from the restrictor plate.

a few things. you can replace the stock crank bearings with a ceramic crank bearing. this will get you a faster spool up, more throttle response, and more top rpms.
ceramics can run from 40.00 for a pair of Team Fast Eddy ceramic crank bearings to 130.00 for a set of the Acer or Boca ceramic crank bearings. impo, the TFEs are great for the price. i have them in both my main motors with many gallons on them.

now heres some grey area. do you have to run a fully stock motor?

depends on the rules. but if you must run a completely stock topend the only other thing you can do it match the cases to the topend in the transfer port area. this will flow fuel better.
you can run a Stuffed crank with will also make for more throttle response and faster spool up.

if you can make mods to the motor, you can have the intake and exhaust port timeing adjusted to gain a bit of low end torque and top rpms.

or if you can have the topend fully modded, you can have all the transfer ports worked on. piston mods like dimpleing ect.. but you ll have to check your rules. as many of these things may be a disqualification if found to be using them.

the pit stop shop has just realeased a race ignition kit that replaces flywheel coil resulting in a better spark and faster spool up looks very nice i will be trying this kit on my oddified 23cc very soon well as soon as funds allow as its about 130 euros but it looks very a good value package and they claim more power faster response ect you may be able to get away with using that ive also got the ecu that works well it changes timing every 100 rpm or so but gives a good improvement on a stock engine

a high end tuned pipe will see you right. try looking up Jetporo and DDM pipes.

What car is this for, and can you please update your location so that we can give you appropriate local advice

I have to use the stock exhaust but don't matter what the inside looks like just as long as the outside looks stock eh

stock exhaust limits things a bit along with the carb limits. now you said it has to look stock but can do anything internally, does it still need to be a 23cc??? if the rules don't govern it larger displacment might be your friend, however either way top end is going to be very limited.

stock exhaust limits things a bit along with the carb limits. now you said it has to look stock but can do anything internally, does it still need to be a 23cc??? if the rules don't govern it larger displacment might be your friend, however either way top end is going to be very limited.

23cc Not necessarily eh.
Are there oversized piston & rings avalible, can I bore the 23cc cylinder bigger without any trouble?
Thanks

no you cant bore it out. you ll have to get a 26cc topend, and while it Looks the same, the model numbers are different, showing the topend is a 26cc not a 23cc.

i would look into the ceramic bearings, and a full mod porting job on the topend. maybe even a 1mm stuffed stroker crank.

if running qsac not worth cheating just get a good zenoha 230 and tune it right.and make sure all the bearings on your cars and clutch are really free and get your setup right.and you will run just as fast as everyone else. have fun and just run them .and try different things on your cars.to see what works and doesn't work.the setup is the whole thing to going fast.

Why do you need the extra power. Are you not running up front? I hear the HRE motors produce awesome power and they are legal in QSAC.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks