G320RC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50 to 1 is the "general" 2 stroke oil ratio. Most of our rc stuff specs more oil. 32 down to about 28 to 1. Even in newer strato engines I still keep it at a 40 to 1 ratio. I would suspect your first engine died from lack of lubrication. One important thing to remember is our rc engines run much higher rpm then most other 2 strokes. Oil requirements are based off many things including rpm. The faster the engine spins the less dwell time the oil has in the engine. Thus the need for more oil. Will your weed wacker lice a long and happy life on 50 to 1 heck yes. Will a g320.....probably not so much.
@Teejay112 I've never seen the Aspen stuff here in the states... I'm assuming it's like a white gas? Which is a really purified fuel. Would make sense for less deposits and low/no fumes.
@doza28 yeah 95 octain should be plenty good.

50 to 1 is the "general" 2 stroke oil ratio. Most of our rc stuff specs more oil. 32 down to about 28 to 1. Even in newer strato engines I still keep it at a 40 to 1 ratio. I would suspect your first engine died from lack of lubrication. One important thing to remember is our rc engines run much higher rpm then most other 2 strokes. Oil requirements are based off many things including rpm. The faster the engine spins the less dwell time the oil has in the engine. Thus the need for more oil. Will your weed wacker lice a long and happy life on 50 to 1 heck yes. Will a g320.....probably not so much.
@Teejay112 I've never seen the Aspen stuff here in the states... I'm assuming it's like a white gas? Which is a really purified fuel. Would make sense for less deposits and low/no fumes.
@doza28 yeah 95 octain should be plenty good.
Yeah white stuff with no smell before during or after a run I can tune my engine indoors with the stuff and if I run it rich I get a clear oily liquid instead of the black sut from petrol when I'm not using that I run 99 octane with mineral oil i go between mineral and synthetic depending on what's in my rc cupboard and piston and rings seem to last I do always run 25:1 tho because I know how high my engine revs so I agree with you I check my piston often aswell no blowdown past the rings no scoring on cylinder or piston walls I did find with Aspen you can run the engine every day for half hour for a month and still no build up or discolouring on the piston top and no smelly car after it's been run

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks