Gas cap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip

I just put a Firehammer mt tank in Meli's buggy and the tank vents through a vent line. I want to put a venting cap on it, like what is on the FG's and plug the vent line. Can anybody tell me if the Baja 5b cap will fit on the hammer tank? I don't want to spend 23 bucks on a stock FG cap, when I can get a fancy alloy cap for 18 bucks!

Thanks guys,
Trip..

Fuel cap & lines

well the line may vent better..But I switched too a zen tank ..rubber grommet ..brass
fuel flow tubing..& DDM alloy cap with vent hole in the cap....so far it is working fine
I took the check valve out of the plastic cap and put in the alloy cap....
seems to use all the fuel from the tank..no vaccum...to stall the engine from not getting fuel.....picture enclosed.......Slawhammer

Last edited:
Ya, I had to go that way with the cap on my FGMT too. No vent line installed and I couldn't find, until now, a grommet that I could drill out and make a line in it.:blush: You can find them at the Menards/Home Depot joints in the electrical areas.
Gotta love that extra bling though.:cool2:

Nope, wont work. The line is better then a cap. Just run the vent line along the roll cage and out the back of the rear shock support.

I am trying to keep the gas stink out of the house and I don't want the thing pissing gas if it flips over. This is the tank, She has..

NewCamera268.jpg

Bought it from tower for 7 bucks but I ordered one like the one in BTB's pic. If the FG cap has a checkball built in I may just buy one of those then..

If you look closely you can see I put my FG can and tube on Meli's Mut! She like the sound better now..

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks