Gas Engine advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bombsaway04523

Today I just pulled the trigger on the Bonzi Fountain 64" with a built 30cc and I was looking for turning advice for after break in from you knowledgeable individuals, how can you tell flat or low spots in tunes to avoid stalling and running the best it can ( I have my floaties for when it stalls ) 😜 after the break in I'm gonna reach out to prop works west for their advice on props with the bzx5 gp300 and the 64"

Just a quick heads up the 'bzx" designations they give only apply to them and are "unknown" to the rc community as they use those to upsell individuals like yourself. We don't know what's actually done to the engine except for what "mod" it is.

Quick advise if it runs on land it may not run well in water. Pop pressures in the carb play a big part and I had to fiddle with mine for it to be a good runner. Get a good idea of how to tune by watching videos as low and high needles play a part.

Not gunna lie im biased and ill never buy another thing from them again.

Just a quick heads up the 'bzx" designations they give only apply to them and are "unknown" to the rc community as they use those to upsell individuals like yourself. We don't know what's actually done to the engine except for what "mod" it is.

Quick advise if it runs on land it may not run well in water. Pop pressures in the carb play a big part and I had to fiddle with mine for it to be a good runner. Get a good idea of how to tune by watching videos as low and high needles play a part.
I was having a hard time finding running videos on YouTube for marine engines mainly land rcs, it's ported, forged crank, billet crank case, high speed bearings, high comp piston, modded carb a whole bunch of other stuff. And since it has a water pump would it damage the clutch running in a pool for basic tuning until hitting the lake? I don't want to burn out the clutch from excessive idling or what have you. Sorry to keep bugging you rep I really appreciate your wisdom and hope all your builds are going well !

I have a video of my 64 running on YouTube if you want to see a fully modified 64 go.. Yes a pool is fine as long as the water pump is working and coming out of the bulkhead fittings on the side of the boat. I used to hold the boat back in the water to see if it was gunna bog and die on me. I

As far as the forged crank that's really nothing that will add unless it's a stuffed crank, the carb is eh as a stock one does just fine.

I've found that the legit rc boat community is a bunch as jerks really but there are a few good guys that will share info.

I have a video of my 64 running on YouTube if you want to see a fully modified 64 go.. Yes a pool is fine as long as the water pump is working and coming out of the bulkhead fittings on the side of the boat. I used to hold the boat back in the water to see if it was gunna bog and die on me. I

As far as the forged crank that's really nothing that will add unless it's a stuffed crank, the carb is eh as a stock one does just fine.

I've found that the legit rc boat community is a bunch as jerks really but there are a few good guys that will share info.
I liked all 4 of you boat videos and keep watching the fountain ones, the hyrdo runs like a rocket too and I know I asked on another forum website about boating maintenance and they tried to say I had to pull the entire engine to remove flex shaft to grease and do normal maintenance which is a load of crap to grease lol

Thanks I appreciate that. The bud hydro had a lot of adjusting ahead of it but I let that one go. You can go on intlwaters.com as that's a boat only forum. Right you are on the fountain you do not have to remove the engine to pull the flex shaft but do make sure everything is tight especially at the collet for the clutch. I was hasty and forgot to check it and yep I had to go fetch the boat. Make sure to stay out or salt water as that will ruin your boat and did you buy a garden hose adapter to run your boat on land?... gizmo motors is a good boat store as well as zippkits

Thanks I appreciate that. The bud hydro had a lot of adjusting ahead of it but I let that one go. You can go on intlwaters.com as that's a boat only forum. Right you are on the fountain you do not have to remove the engine to pull the flex shaft but do make sure everything is tight especially at the collet for the clutch. I was hasty and forgot to check it and yep I had to go fetch the boat. Make sure to stay out or salt water as that will ruin your boat and did you buy a garden hose adapter to run your boat on land?... gizmo motors is a good boat store as well as zippkits
I have a pull in the backyard but was going to fabricate a fitting to attach to the hose going down to a 3mm water line to flush after every use at work, it's harmful to the boat in salt water even if properly flushed and wipe down the metal bits with some sort or heat resistant oil/ grease?

Zippkits sells the adapter for less than you can make it. Me personally I ran in brackish water and I'd avoid it again. But it's your boat if you feel that you can keep it clean why not you can't take it will you

Zippkits sells the adapter for less than you can make it. Me personally I ran in brackish water and I'd avoid it again. But it's your boat if you feel that you can keep it clean why not you can't take it will you
If you advise against it I'll stick to fresh, too much money to be messing about with

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks