Gas Noob Need Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildmanXL

Hi All,
New to gas trucks. A few weeks back picked up a Losi MTXL. Was waiting on the Killer RC Super Bee kill switch before I even tried to run it. Well few nights ago installed the switch.

Fueled it up with a tank of 25:1 ethanol free gas. Turn it on, and nothing but pull, pull, pull, nothing????

Anyone got a suggestion?

Update: I think I flooded the engine. By default choke set to Open. I tried starting it multiple times with it open. So closed it, took the plug out. Got it to kick over when I finally opened the valve a little letting oxygen in. Will work with it more tomorrow.

All part of being a noob I guess, duh

Last edited:
did it fire up

It did finally clear out. Let it sit a few days and with a little squeeze of throttle it did kick over but still wouldn't idle on start. So got the manual out and found a screw right below the high and low tuning screws that controls idle. Slight twist to increase the idle a bit and Bingo bango I'm purring.

So got a about 15 minutes of run time in to start breaking in the engine. And then clunk. The screw wiggles out of the pinion gear and the Losi won't budge. Luckily the gear was laying in the bottom of the tray and wasn't stripped all to poop. The screw was stripped pretty good. So ordered some replacement screws from DDM. Just waiting on those.

May end up changing the whole damn set up. Go with a Vertigo pinion gear, clutch bell, ect. Anyone have similar problems with their Losi MTXL/DBXL and go with a new setup. Do tell!

Holly Crap! Twice now. Over the weekend had my pinion gear basically fall off. What had happened is the Cap Head screw holding in the Pinion Gear basically got worn down and wiggled out. The old screws threading looked well warn and can see why it slipped out.

Now after waiting for a new Cap Head screw to come from DDM. Well installed the new screw put a little blue lock tight on it. Got it put back in and I'll be damn the damn thing fell OUT AGAIN! Crap. My first thought RED Lock tight. My second thought. Why is it so damn short!

20170615_205638.jpg 20170615_205832.jpg
Here are a few pics of what I'm dealing with. Anyone have similar problems? Any solutions I'm all ears.

Perhaps get another, longer M5 (?) you may have and gently see how far it will screw in.
If you are using threadlock, are you leaving overnight to 'cure' / go off?

Red is best avoided unless you feel you have little choice. New bolt, tighter thread and some blue should work.
Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks