Gas Oct and oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baja5B_Wisc

I use to sell race fuels up to 119 oct gas P 66 B-33 ,,, all of the racers i sold to told me the higher the oct the lower the engine temp and muffler temp ....

with my baja 5b i am useing 93 oct Prem NL and synthetic 2 cycle klotzs oil

What are others useing for gas and oil

:eek::eek:

Last edited:
I use to sell race fuels up to 119 oct gas P 66 B-33 ,,, all of the racers i sold to told me the higher the oct the lower the engine temp and muffler temp ....

with my baja 5b i am useing 93 oct Prem NL and synthetic 2 cycle klotzs oil

What are others useing for gas and oil

:eek::eek:
Your compression ratio sort of dictates the octane you neeed to burn, I am running 89 octane with Polaris Gold full synthetic. THe last couple tanks I did a Mix of 15:1 and leaned it out 1/3 on the high, it is also very good. Just a experiment that was suggested to me.

87 and Maxima 927.

no real need for the race gas, other than its cleaner and more pure than rego pump gas.

https://www.largescaleforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204&highlight=oil
https://www.largescaleforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210&highlight=oil
https://www.largescaleforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=586&highlight=oil

90-91 non ethanol w/Amsoil Saber Pro.

Tried Camp fuel not a fan.:no:

Race motors are made with high compression so matching a higher octane would allow for better fuel performance and less exhaust burn from lack of detonation, Bla, Bla, Bla, just don't need high octane for most R/C motors.
You will be ok with 87 on up from the filling station. If you can bypass the Ethanol in the fuel by buying from a farm store you will be better off in the long run...:)

10-12% Ethanol in all fuel here in Canada. I am forced to run ethanol whether I want to or not.

if canada is like the usa you can find pure gas no ethinal in the fuel at a small airport the service 2 and 4 person planes .

i have been using lately VP C-16 116 OCTANE with 927 castor oil i have 10 gallons of this vp c-16 for running quarterscales but i didnt race this year so i have this fuel left works real good in my rtr.withTGN PIPE, SMELLS GOOD TO.

ya i love the Castor 927, is a GREAT SMELL. even with rego unleaded.
Harry, you make it to Silver Lade last Saturday of the month? a group of us are going down, some guys are making a weekend out of it.

10-12% Ethanol in all fuel here in Canada. I am forced to run ethanol whether I want to or not.

Ya, we have the same mandates and it is hard to find the non-ethanol fuel. I just get lucky being in a farm community, you know the ones that produce the ethanol products but don't like useing them in the farm equipment.(lol) The bigger reasons would be if you are going to store the fuel. Ethanol does not like long term storage. Ethanol also tends to wash lubricating oil from the cylinder walls, which is not a good thing for 2-stroke engines.

I've heard Ontario law has moved toward mandating a minimum of 5% 'renewable' content in gasoline sold, which means Ethanol. This is regulated as an average per brand, so 5% of the overall gasoline volume must be Ethanol, not 5% in ALL gasoline sold under that brand.

Shell 'V-Power' Premium gasoline contains NO Ethanol

if manufacture recommends 91 or higher use it, motor plating will flake off or pit off near the top of the cylinder if pre detination happens//////from using a lower octane, many people think just because the motor runs that makes it ok. well its your money.

In the Baja with stock 26cc I run the VP u4 fuel. It is oxygenated 87 octane. The lower compression CY engines runs great on the fuel. We race these cars on a closed course track and I feel the fuel really helps the bottom end.

I run VP C16 117 octane in the 1/4 scales but we run the higher compression Zenoah (QSAC LEGAL) engines in those.

Both fuels I run Amsoil Sabre Pro @ 40:1

www.timberlineraceway.com

if manufacture recommends 91 or higher use it, motor plating will flake off or pit off near the top of the cylinder if pre detination happens//////from using a lower octane, many people think just because the motor runs that makes it ok. well its your money.

I know we have beaten this subject to death. But,:clown: It brings back the whole issue that the boat guys and heli guys have been using coleman fuel for years on there many thousands of dollar motors with no issues.
Think of this - Coleman 50-55 octane.:blink:

Sorry, I will shut up now.:clown:

I know we have beaten this subject to death. But,:clown: It brings back the whole issue that the boat guys and heli guys have been using coleman fuel for years on there many thousands of dollar motors with no issues.
Think of this - Coleman 50-55 octane.:blink:

Sorry, I will shut up now.:clown:

Im sure many people use coleman, ive never seen any boat racers around here use it, but hey Im sure they do just the same, having said that, the plating on the top of the cylinder will come off faster if you do, Im sure its great stuff, but i have a gas station half mile down the road from me, and many more all over, there is a walmart and gander mountain 7 miles away and they are not all over, I guess my point is, go to the nationals and see what they are using, see what they are using it in. You should stick to one fuel, it seems more conveniant to run 91 oct gas, if your not convinced on the fact that it is better for your motor, well for the simplicity of getting gas would seem to be enough by itself for me. but it seems everyone likes what they like and thats cool, you can always buy more parts if your theorys don't come to pass.
ps i still cant figure out why the manufacture wouldnt say to run low oct fuel?

I'm with you. I tried Coleman. It worked on my stock CY23, but on my Zen260 it started to predetonate and not shut down, had to actually choke it to shut it down. That was it for me, back to good old 91 octane.:)

I have a freind thaat uses Cloeman fuel in his Gasser Heli ,,, just remember a heli is more torue then speed ,,, i will stay with the 92-93 Oct i get here with NO ALCOLHAL for my Race Boat Mod 26cc CC Raceing and Baga 5B Stock 23cc

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks