Gauging interest: Losi mtxl aluminum steer rods/turn buckles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Parks

Print my own
Ok fellas, since there are zero options for aluminum turn buckles like dgi has for the dbxl, I am having a set made for myself. I spoke with this gentleman and he will make more if there is more interest in them. I have broke a few tie rods now, and Losi doesn't sell them individually and they do not sell the turnbuckle ends separately either. It is $60 to purchase the stock ones and I for one do not want to do that for them to keep breaking.

His price is going to be around the same as DGI is for a pair at $45. I will have pics in a few days when he completes a set.

If anyone is interested pm me or comment here and when it's all in motion it will be a go. Will likely be around 2 weeks, as he will send them to me for testing and I will have to report back if changes need to be made.

Nice one! I did this years ago with the 1st & 2nd gears off an old nitro monster truck, would chew plastic gears for breakfast. I'd had enough.. so approached my local machine shop where I gave him a pair of new original plastic gears for him to replicate out of ali - they were spot on! Looks like I'll be doing this again for my CEN Matrix 5SC, cos I can't find anywhere which stocks the upgrade steel gears.

Ok fellas, right now I'm debating on carbon fiber rod or aluminum rod. I'm leaning towards carbon fiber for the purpose of being lightweight and strong. It will have inserts in it likely for added strength.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks