GazooRC Kraken Vekta Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GazooRC

Build Thread Contributor
I’m just putting this out there for anyone planning to mod their Vekta. I wish there was more info available when I did mine. I had all hands on deck with Vertigo, Kraken and Taylor RC on speed dial haha
Part 1 and part 2 of my Vekta build has already been done but I will try and recap this as best as memory serves me. Any questions feel free to ask.

IMG_1251.jpeg

IMG_1247.jpeg

IMG_1246.jpeg
This is where the fun begins folks. Zenoah G320RC coming out and Taylor 50GT going in. Let the fun begin!

Attachments

• IMG_2238.jpeg
    IMG_2238.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2237.jpeg
    IMG_2237.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2236.jpeg
    IMG_2236.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I don’t have pictures for this part but my first problem was disassembling the stock trans. OMG so much red loctite! I had to brake out the torch, elbow grease and a vice to get this stuff apart. Only broke 1 grub screw. 💪🏼 Once the trans was apart it was time to start installing everything on the new vertigo trans.
Now this may not be everyone’s situation here but according to kraken my rig was manufactured during covid. They were having sourcing issues as well as quality fluctuations. So nothing really lined up or fit with “newer” parts.
On the first picture the red and yellow indicated fitment issues. The clearances were so tight on the rig and the vertigo parts that nothing fit back together. You can see the second picture shows the drive cup only going on a couple mm. I had to sand/ file everything down a little just to get it on. The 3rd picture shows all the dried on loctite inside the pin hole. That will need to get cleaned out before re install.
My next hurdle was the brake cam. My luck strikes again and I got a batch of trans plates that got released pre maturely. So I had to sand/ file down the cam a little just to get enough clearance for it to go in. Later on I had other issues with that and the top plate was off just enough to bind the cam. If I removed 1 of the 4 bolts holding on the top plate it wouldn’t bind anymore. 🤔 I ended up just removing the bearing from the top plate and using it with the OE collar. Problem solved.
Next was the RCR brake rotor. That didn’t fit either lol some light filing on the sharp edges and it went right on. 🙄

IMG_1501.jpeg

IMG_1512.jpeg

IMG_1516.jpeg

IMG_1513.jpeg

IMG_1517.jpeg

IMG_1514.jpeg

IMG_1515.jpeg

IMG_1518.jpeg

IMG_2239.jpeg

IMG_2240.jpeg
Now the beautiful Taylor 50GT is in!
A little bit of trimming to do to get that big bore in with the body.
You can go 1 of 2 ways with this style intake. Keep it behind the panel and trim the cage or cut the panel and let it protrude through. I opted for keeping it behind the panel. Also the cross brace in front hits the cooling fins. Just need to snip the right side off.
Oh and make sure you check your pull cords folks! Had this happen first rip. 🤦🏻‍♂️😂
After my first run I bent the center drive shaft. No biggie. Order a new one and it didn’t fit. The pins on the dogbone didn’t fit in the cups. 🤔 hhmmm well I remembered I had a Covid truck so I compared the pins. Well look at that. The bottom pin came out of the truck and the top pin came with the new shaft. Emailed Kraken and they knew the scoop right away. Sent me out some pins left over from Covid and boom. Fit like a glove. When I say tolerances are tight this is literally the thickness of powder coat.
Next came the giant Maxxis tires once they finally became available again. These babies are big! Definitely looks wicked on the Vekta!
Also ceramic coated the exhaust
Later I got aluminum hex nuts to finish off the look.
Those were fun too. The nuts are not threaded all the way through and it wasn’t holding the wheel on tight. After I broke out the big wrench I got them to cut in some more threads and boom. Good to go. 😎
I added the roof light bar and bumper lights without leds. I 3D printed some white face light covers to go over them. I think it came out wicked. 🤙🏼
oh yea I added a kill switch when I did the engine swap. Definitely can’t have a gasser without one!
Also upgraded the steering servo to a Holmes Hobbies HV2000. Love me some HH power! This thing will give you whiplash it’s so fast and strong.

Attachments

• IMG_2244.jpeg
    IMG_2244.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2245.jpeg
    IMG_2245.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2246.jpeg
    IMG_2246.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1571.jpeg
    IMG_1571.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2242.jpeg
    IMG_2242.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2243.jpeg
    IMG_2243.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2241.jpeg
    IMG_2241.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1718.jpeg
    IMG_1718.jpeg
    190.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2251.jpeg
    IMG_2251.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2250.jpeg
    IMG_2250.jpeg
    234.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2249.jpeg
    IMG_2249.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2248.jpeg
    IMG_2248.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2247.jpeg
    IMG_2247.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2252.jpeg
    IMG_2252.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2253.jpeg
    IMG_2253.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Part 2!
So… I did a thing and got a Vesla. Which means time for another Taylor. But what should I get? Well I decided to pull the 50GT out of the Vekta and put it in the Vesla. So I ordered a Taylor 71 Supreme for the Vekta. Time to do another transplant. It was wicked easy this time.
It’s the same externally so it went right in. Only trimming I did was in the right side panel. Due to the amount of air the 71 needs I decided to cut a whole in the side and run the filter straight out.
The filter was sticking out way too much imo so I ordered a shorty and I think it looks much better.
this brings us to current state. Now on the the Vesla build.
Write up coming soon.

IMG_2254.jpeg

IMG_2256.jpeg

IMG_2255.jpeg

IMG_2258.jpeg

IMG_2257.jpeg

IMG_2259.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks