Gear covers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zouz10

Just wondering if there was a gear cover set for a 2 speed tranny?? Also, do they make one for the diff gear in the rear, it all seems so exposed, and I am afraid a stray rock may get in there and mess things up!

Thanks,

Z

Thanks for the info. I also found a cover that goes over the whole diff, but it's $40 bucks for a piece of plastic. I'll try this idea first!!

The little plastic ramp in the front of the diff does a great job as is, just get an Elcon stainless sleeve or an alloy diff if you are still running the stock.
As for the 2 speed cover it does not exist yet, but hey they are quick enough without the 2 speed.

The 2 speed came with the car and I got an alloy viscous diff, so it has the sleeve already.. This car came with alot of upgrades!!
The only reason I was asking was mainly for the gears, I just don't want there to be little rocks that would get stuck there and crap out the gears.. People that have been running the car for a while tell me it is fine the way it is, but I always like a little extra protection!!
Thanks for the info though

Last edited:
The 2 speed came with the car and I got an alloy viscous diff, so it has the sleeve already.. This car came with alot of upgrades!!
The only reason I was asking was mainly for the gears, I just don't want there to be little rocks that would get stuck there and crap out the gears.. People that have been running the car for a while tell me it is fine the way it is, but I always like a little extra protection!!
Thanks for the info though

You are right to be concerned. I have chewed and broke up so many parts and gears due to rocks. Metal gears just mean a truck that rips to a grinding stop when a stone gets stuck! That just adds up to other broken parts!

I have 2 of them left metal covers ....$50 shipped

on ebay they ave some $83 shipped...either one you will have to trim the chassis alittle to get it to fit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eayISAPI.dll...08&ih=009&category=44028&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

left is the 2speed

Ay75189.jpg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks