gear mesh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevemack

is there any easy way to adj the mesh between the pinion and main gear? my km has been tight since day one. i ended up slotting the chassis and mtr plate about one complete hole size. but now its perfect. was there a easier way
thanks steve

You must have the wrong gear size mate.They come with a 56T as standard( I think).The mesh should be ok and no need for adjustment.Can you count the teeth on the pinion and spur.
J

counted it twice 17t pinion 57t spur gear. the mesh wasnt crazy tight. i could take the gears off without much effort . what really stumped me was at the same time i was putting a pipe on it from a rovan buggy and the pipe would hit the rear shock tower brace enough to bend it out of shape and not be able to tighten the pipe down all the way on the eng exh port. like my engine wasnt in the chassis straight

i had a problem like that also a while back..i found when i was bolting down the motor it was moving ever so slightly making it crooked.try this it worked ,for me...loosen the motor bolts so it's on the frame and has free play movement..bolt on the pipe to the motor,now stick a piece of paper or card in the gears to leave space for the "mesh",now tighten up the motor bolts and bolt the pipe to the rear,"if a rear mounted" lastly remove paper..that should be it,it worked for me..tell us how it goes

my 2 speed was a lil tight but i loosened all mount bolts and placed a piece of thicker cardboard between the gears and retightened up the bolts pulled the cardboard out and it left the perfect amount of gap and mines been runnin great ever since

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks