Gearing zenoah 32cc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky Boyle

Hi fellas new to this so bare with me,I've just dropped a zenoah 32cc into my losi dbxl just wondering if I need to change the gearing and if so what tooth pinion and spur thanks

You should have a lot more torque now if it's to much or you prefer more speed go down a tooth or two on the spur gear

That's an easy thing to do on my 1/10th scale trucks as one set screw and it comes off. But these larger 1/5th scale trucks required engine spacers to be replaced as well as removing a screw that's held on with red loctite so I'd prefer to get "close" to the right pinion the first time. And since I'm going from a 29cc engine to a 32cc engine, I'd like to know if the 21T pinion will be good enough to start with or if I should go ahead and drop in a 24T +/- while I'm installing the engine.

I can't even imagine the torque you're dealing with. I'm running the 29cc Dynamite on 21T and the tires are destroying the grass at my flying field. I like your upgrades...two steering servos has to really help!

IMG_2021.JPG running the same motor in my 5b on stock gearing and it's a bit tooo much but I mostly use that in the sand dunes

2 servos so far are great I went through 5 on single and almost gave up!! Only a tank through on two. We shall see!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks