Gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gottaclone

Hello evryone I need some input. I would like to get better acceleration out of a FireHammer 23cc 4 bolt Zen. I have seen the big 50t diff gear and was going to put the FG 14t pinnion on the layout shaft. Would that be possible or do I need to chang the spur also? I am in need of some help.

Usually, going up on pinion size, you will notice a considerable difference, going up on spur size will only show little. If you do a good combo of the two you will be golden.

Unfortunately, i don't have that truck, so I can't give you exact advice, but i'm sure somebody else will.. ;)

Chris

Hello evryone I need some input. I would like to get better acceleration out of a FireHammer 23cc 4 bolt Zen. I have seen the big 50t diff gear and was going to put the FG 14t pinnion on the layout shaft. Would that be possible or do I need to chang the spur also? I am in need of some help.

You shouldn't need to touch the spur gear or pinion gear. The only part that you will be moving to get the transfer pinion/gear and diff gear to mesh is the engine mounts.

Will I need to change the layout shaft? How much will I be taking off from the top end? Would there be a Spur gear that could help the acceleration?

Will I need to change the layout shaft? How much will I be taking off from the top end? Would there be a Spur gear that could help the acceleration?

You shouldn't have to touch the layshaft, just change the transfer pinion/gear on it.

I have a 14t and the 48t diff gear. For my spur and pinion, I have used a 17t pinion and a 48t spur. I had a little more low end, but nothing mind blowing. It helped.

I'm guessing you have the 16t transfer gear. Drop just that down to 14t and leave the diff gear as is. See what you think before you make a bigger change. You'll probably see a difference since the Firehammer has smaller tires/wheels.

Do you have the 8k clutch springs?

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.61/.f

What pipe do you have?

Also, if you put the 8k clutch springs on and flip your clutch around, you get a little more punch....at least they have in my experience. Here is a thread over at HBF on it.

http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8963&highlight=reverse+clutch

Back