Gears to buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee2009

Hi I'm having trouble figuring out what gears to buy for top speed.

Because Ive upgraded my engine to a 29cc and now it just reves its nuts off and hardly goes anywhere cos Ive got a 48t and a 16t

But before that i had a 46t and 19t but they are nackerd.,

so if i buy a 44t that's 2t less so does that mean i gotta buy a gear with an extra 2t so a 21t pinion gear?

But i can only find a 20t I'm confused.

but if i work it out from my 48t and 16t its works right.

Sooo if i get a 44t and a 16t will it work?

ok cool, cheers for that. well how much is a 2 speed, and where is the best (cheapest) place to buy fg parts from. thanks

Edit: oh and i live in the UK so UK shops would be nice.

keep your eyes on this one, :ph34r:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/fg-two-gear-system_W0QQitemZ130270988596QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN?hash=item130270988596&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

If i get a 44 and a 20 will i need to buy a smaller gear carrier, i ahve an alloy one now but not sure on the size ill check when i get some time, or are the alloy ones a standard size, thanks

your carrier will be fine, there is a smaller one but it's for the 38t gear for the onroad guys with the small touring car tires
And the off road set is 46 44 not 44 42 as i said in earlier post, the onroad set is 42 40

Last edited:
what are you running for tires, monster, stadium, baja, on road? 42 22 gears will kill your low end unless you got a semi racing truck with the slicks or a road car, it's too tall for 2nd on my baja for off road so for single speed off road it's crap even with the 14t layshaft pinion. I got every 2 speed combo from 48 to 40 with pinions odd and even, for monster i'd run 48 16 with layshaft 14 or 16 if it's revving too much or a 46 18 with 16 layshaft...you can get FG odd size pinions that mesh correctly for in between for fine tuning. honestly get a 2 speed it'll give you all the options.

Ok thanks alot. ill just get plastic ones first.

does anybody know where i can get a exploded diagram from.?>

becasue there is a part at the front of the marder that i need.

its the metal part that holds the servo saver part. i cant explain it very well.

Yea. thats it! lol nice 1, do you know what screw fits the top end of that part?

Yup,

They are 4mm.
See screw here
The 30mm I think is slightly longer but I cut them to size. I think. I'll double check right now.:)

EDIT: Yup, 4mm but the Firehammer has a small plastic riser that makes the bolt need to be 30mm. So the Fg is shorter but you can grind it down to fit. Thats what I do.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks