gears wearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul

hi this is a better pic of my gears at the back of my monster beetle pro that are wearing out second cog ive hade but it doesent look like the proper size but this is the part for it anyone know why is not sitting into the teeth properly thanks

Attachments

• 15072009005.jpg
    15072009005.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 15072009006.jpg
    15072009006.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 39
hi this is a better pic of my gears at the back of my monster beetle pro that are wearing out second cog ive hade but it doesent look like the proper size but this is the part for it anyone know why is not sitting into the teeth properly thanks

Hiya Paul,did you buy the Beet used? If so the previous owner may have put the wrong layshaft/diff gear on! You'll have to count the teeth on both,if your one tooth out this will stop the gears meshing correctly.
When I was on about moving the engine forward/backward just slacken the screws off and you should have about 3-4mm of play in the mesh.If this doen't work the ia a discrepency in the teeththey need to be evenly matched.i'll see if I can find the factory standard gear teeth numbers.
J.

Or,easy version ,loosen the engine screws on the chassis and pull the motor back towards the diff then tighten,it should eliminate the wear correct the mesh.
J

sorry mate,scrub that first post i made,there cant be a tooth out on the layshaft, I was thinking about the spur/pinion.Just pull the engine back.
J.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks