Go Pro or Not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
depends on price, if theres not much difference (depends where you buying from) the pro has:

• 8x shocks (2 for each wheel)

• Alluminium side rails, which are very handy if you slap some screening on them as it helps keep the muck out bigtime!

• Chassis

theres not much difference but if prices are similar id defo go for the pro as to buy those bits seperately will set you back around an extra £150-£200

hope this helps :)

An MB is a Marder with a set of MT tyres on it! I prefare the MT/MB pro myself,the suspension will take more abuse.
J.

agreed, all to there own i guess :)

ive heard a few people say thath the MB Pro don't handle as well, the main culprit of this was the Rear anti roll bar on the MB Pro & MT's... when i 1st got my MB Pro & took it out for its 1st spin, i wasnt impressed with the handling, the suspension seemed limited & it like to roll...alot!

so after playing about i decided to remove the anti rear roll bar (afterall rear anti roll bars should not be used in offroad, for onroad, they are great, offroad theyre a big no no, but the front one works great so i left that on, anyway after i removed the rear one, My mb pro handled 110% better, suspension was no longer limited or stiff & jumping was sweet :)

after browsing the net seemed i wasnt the only one who thought this, alot of people have done the same thing & say the same! ..so a lil tip, remove the rear anti roll bar \o/

agreed, all to there own i guess :)

ive heard a few people say thath the MB Pro don't handle as well, the main culprit of this was the Rear anti roll bar on the MB Pro & MT's... when i 1st got my MB Pro & took it out for its 1st spin, i wasnt impressed with the handling, the suspension seemed limited & it like to roll...alot!

so after playing about i decided to remove the anti rear roll bar (afterall rear anti roll bars should not be used in offroad, for onroad, they are great, offroad theyre a big no no, but the front one works great so i left that on, anyway after i removed the rear one, My mb pro handled 110% better, suspension was no longer limited or stiff & jumping was sweet :)

after browsing the net seemed i wasnt the only one who thought this, alot of people have done the same thing & say the same! ..so a lil tip, remove the rear anti roll bar \o/

I removed mine and it seemed really sloppy? I think if you replaced it with the 4mm instead of the 5mm it would e a lot better....my opinion anyway.
J.

I removed mine and it seemed really sloppy? I think if you replaced it with the 4mm instead of the 5mm it would e a lot better....my opinion anyway.
J.

which model you have dude? to what i read on some forums, this method seem to work best for the MB Pro, those with MT's & ST's it was 50/50, which is strange because they are all exactly same except for shell ofc, & the tires on the ST, only thing i can think of is the shock oil might be different? not sure whats in mine (its stock) but ive never replaced it as its working well atm, like i say, weird how for some people it makes the handling 100% better & for others does the opposite :s

we all have different driving styles. off road 8th scale I like front and rear swaybars. you tune the suspension to what works for you. someone else's setup is a starting point but you might find it doesn't work for you

The motor will stay put in a pro more then a buggy set up due to the side rails. It will also have less front flex in the chassis.

I also run without the bar.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks