Going through spark plugs Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

213inc

Hey guys im new to the site i have a lowered Km t1000
I had the truck for about 2 months now and gone through 4 spark plugs. i been using ngk plugs.
Can anyone help with why im going through spark plugs so fast.

Pull your spark plug and check it against the following chart to get some direction as to what's happening with your plug.

http://hpibajass.com/spark-plug-color/

When I had that problem about 3 weeks after getting mine, it was oil fouled. I yanked on that thing for almost an hour and could not get it started. Changed the plug and it fired right up. Now I check my plug after each run or so to see the condition of the engine.

Hey guys im new to the site i have a lowered Km t1000
I had the truck for about 2 months now and gone through 4 spark plugs. i been using ngk plugs.
Can anyone help with why im going through spark plugs so fast.

That's really not that bad for a two stroke gasser. What oil ratio and brand/type of oil are you using?
Going strictly off the color can be deceiving. You can foul plugs on the low end and the top end. I would reset you carb ( 1 1/2 turns out high, 1 1/4 turns out low) use your low to adjust your idle. Going off of performance and sound is better. If it is bogging when you give it gas lean the high speed. If it sputters and pops, it is too lean. OBR has a good video that covers it. I use the same principle for motocross and it translates to these as well. Check it out. PM if you need more help.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks