Good Morning All

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buggy Basher

I want to put my MX43 Prolines on a Rovan Buggy. Anyone know what gears I would need to change to compensate for the much taller tires. Thanks.

mx43's are badlands right ? and are 211mm tall, so if you have a rovan baja then i'd assume its on stock gearing 17/57,
so run it as is and see what happens then go from there (y)(y),
depends on engine et as well,

I want to put my MX43 Prolines on a Rovan Buggy. Anyone know what gears I would need to change to compensate for the much taller tires. Thanks.
Generally speaking if you were happy with the gearing performance with your original tires , when you swap out to larger diameter tires you will need to increase your final drive ratio.(larger tires will drop your rpms ) You do this by either swapping to a smaller tooth count clutch pinion gear, or increasing the tooth count on your driven spur gear. If you don't have any engine spacing adjustment , you have to buy a matched set of gears .

Generally speaking if you were happy with the gearing performance with your original tires , when you swap out to larger diameter tires you will need to increase your final drive ratio.(larger tires will drop your rpms ) You do this by either swapping to a smaller tooth count clutch pinion gear, or increasing the tooth count on your driven spur gear. If you don't have any engine spacing adjustment , you have to buy a matched set of gears .
Thanks. I just bought new stock size tires and plan to leave it like it is. Dang thing is already too fast.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks