Got $1,600, what large scale would you get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

in2deep2

Hello everybody i have been out of the large scale scene for the better part of two years and am itching to get back in the scene and i have $1,600 to spend on a new ride. i will be running this on all types of terrain and will not be racing. i think i would prefer something that is four wheel drive. what is hot right now with plenty of aftermarket support???

Simple answer is 'something Losi'.
DBXL + Hop-ups, tuned engine, pipe ....
5ive-T.
MTXL.

Check out the various threads.
Don't forget a remote ignition cut-out - Killer-B is a favourite.

Al.

From your suggestions i think i like the looks of the 5ive-t or MTXL. Looking around for losi large scale I came across the losi 5ive-b as well - is this buggy any good??

medium.11917993_1110676942275999_1948833914_n.jpg.e912bd8395e8557d420c91fff397dd41.jpg

Nuff Said...

Thats the next one in line for me

nuff said? half cropped picture is hardly enough to be nuff said for me. what the heck is and why do you think it is better than all the other models out there????

Vekta 5 is nice....1500 without a motor though.

no sir that wont work for me. time i bought an engine i would be well over my 1600 budget.

MTXL is 1300. I think you might want a bigger engine for that monster...that's at least another 300...and a tuned pipe....another 160+...ends up being over your budget.

You could get a Losi 5ive T roller, zen G320 and a tuned pipe for 1600.

Have heard Tower Hobbies members get discounts, and can be as much as 200 dollars or more, in case still contemplating buying the Vekta.

Credit cards, when you open a new account with them, give $200.00 on the first $1000 spent.

Kraken Vekta.5 for sure, save up a little more money and buy the one with the motor. You asked whats new and hot.. this is it!

so some of you keep saying the Kraken Vekta.5 but no reason why -- so why by the Kraken Vekta.5? looks to me like an off brand with zero or little aftermarket goodies as well. :(:(

Get the Losi 5T, lots of after market for it and lots of info about it on various forums, it's a great truck . It's next on my list in a couple of months ( March) for my anniversary.

I'm a low income guy,haven't pulled the trigger yet, but thinking about getting a red cat rampage MT v3, I think it is. Already has some upgrades and good enough for me to run out in the woods, chase a few squirrels maybe give a deer a run. Whatever you choose, have fun.

Thats the worst purchase you are going to make. They suffer from bad transmissions, dog bones...

I was a member of Redcatrampage and got banned from the site for asking too many questions.
In the little bit of time, and the private messages I was able to share with RCrampage users, the final word was stay away from one.

I would choose instead the new Losi Monster Truck XL, its a few bucks more. So far on youtube the reports is a good thumbs up on the platform, copied from the DBXL, but with reinforced parts.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOS05009T1

I prefer my Losi DBXL....I also liked my 5T.
But my rampage has been plenty reliable....if that's your budget buy it.
As with any RC...upgrade as you break it.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks