Gotta love it......NOT !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coyote69

Well I got the itch to break out my baja again today and was having a good time , until I caught the retaining wall edge next to the driveway...... :(

Well I should of know better as that section of the driveway has some loose dirt on the black top...so as I was coming pretty quick , it got a little squirly (sp?)...the front left tire just caught the edge of the concrete block retaining wall...instantly I saw the left tire go flying.....not good ! As I quickly got to the buggy and shut her down I picked up the tire and noticed the 7mm E clip had come off....thought that was all the damage...NOPE...after I shut her down and picked her up , I then noticed the left front shock sitting funny....broke the plastic bottom end connection..GREAT....I took her inside to inspect further.

After I got her inside and started inspection.....I found another broken part....the %$&^% sterring servo first gear that connects to the arm was broken (you know the white piece that sticks out of the servo )...geez I broke less than that on my Traxxas Revo when repeatedly ramping 10+ft. in the air and finally messing up and landing on its top !!!!!!

So off I go in hopes that my local hobby store (Hobbytown USA) would have these parts instock since they sell both the 5b and 5t......man they didnt even have the 7mm e clips...why I waste my time with those guys I will never know , I hate that place !!

So I came home and had to order via internet :
1 Steering Servo Gear Set - $6.30
1 VVC/HD Front Shock Shafts 6 x 105mm - $16.50
1 Heavy-Duty E Clip Set 7mm - $5.25
1 Heavy-Duty E Clip Set 4mm - $3.50
1 Shock Parts Set - $15.00 ( since I will need it sometime :( )
+ shipping/handling - $7.00
total - $53.55 from DDM....

Man what a great day...NOT...atleast now I have the excuess since it wont be running for about a week , I can now get my new body , undertray and rim shields painted and ready to go...so Ive been tearing down the baja all evening to totally clean her up , inspect and figure out how she all goes together...kind of hard without the original parts sheet that comes with the SS kit...I guess I'll just have to use my brain and wing it as I go..lol.

Matt

I agree. Hobby Town seems to have real great people working there too. NOT!

Did you use the DDM code to save 5%?

Try hitting the retaining wall with your real car. Bet you break more then with your 1/5 scale which was more then the 1/10 scale and so on. Thats the only time size sucks!

remember the baja is 25lbs dry weight stock. revo fully loaded is what maybe 8? Huge weight differance. ya posts are a female dog. lol

what servo you have? sounds like a stock with a plastic drive gear. get the metal gears for it. helps ALOT. they ll take abuse, but some things are gonna fail when you hit things that arnt rc friendly. like poles, posts, trees. curbs, parking blocks, ect... heh

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks