Great day of bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

19cobra93

I got the one way bearing replaced a couple days ago, so I took the T1000 and the Rampage MT out today (and a little Ofna nitro). I burned through a tank and a half in the T1000 (about an hour and 15 mins). I really put it through hell today. It performed flawlessly. I rolled it a couple times, but otherwise no serious crashes. I took it off every jump I could find with some of them being quite large (6-7 feet up, and 20 feet long of air). I was hitting jumps just after 2nd gear kicked in. It was at a local BMX track and park, so I had about 20 kids on bikes as an audience. It was pretty muddy today too, so the truck is a mess. I'm going to look into those big outerwears covers for the whole center of the chassis.

I finally shut it down when the servos started to get sluggish from the long run time. It still ran and drove great when I shut it down so I was feeling good about a full day of bashing with no broken parts. Until I got it home...

I broke all the front shock supports (all HPI parts btw), and the roll bar snapped. It still performed great considering half the support is gone. Aside from that no other problems that I can see. The new one-way bearing performed flawlessly as well.

Overall a great day. I have spares of all the parts that broke, so no biggie there. My Rampage ended up being front wheel drive after about 30 mins, so I suspect a drive cup or dogbone as the problem.

b04ab5c9.jpg
d71176ff.jpg
ba63d478.gif
019f6745.gif

And this is what the inside of the KM one-way bearing looks like:

88080203.jpg

Last edited:
cool, i went today also summer salted mine, after 2 tanks i hit a dip that i could not see in the grass and flew up about 4ft and came down the wrong way where it flipped 3 times,only broke the steering crank,pretty quick fix,was back running under 20 mins,weather needs to get warmer and dryer,i have to hose it down lots of mud and grass

It's all fixed now. I spent the last couple hours fixing and cleaning it. I REALLY don't like cleaning mud. Might have to stay in the grass next time.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks