GZR 30.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one I just put in one of my 5ives. I haven't had a chance to really run it much yet still on the brake in. So far I really like the engine and the price can't be beat!
Here's a short clip of it

I've replaced the victory pro pipe with a gfr pipe and I'd have to say the gfr pipe blows away the victory if I get the truck out today I'll try to get a video

I just got one of those motors it came yesterday I have not put it in yet my truck had the 29 cc Chung Yang in it . I look forward to getting this motor in it and after seeing the video of yours I can't wait .

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got one of those motors it came yesterday I have not put it in yet my truck had the 29 cc Chung Yang in it . I look forward to getting this motor in it and after seeing the video of yours I can't wait .
Your going to like the motor really rips I also have a center diff locker in my truck right now

I have been wondering about them also do you like it ? And also did you have to go to a different clutch housing ? Mine the two top bolt holes are off by a 1/2 hole , I thought that housing was supposed to bolt up to a zenoah case ?

Yeah thats what I thought but apparently this 29 cc Chung Yang is different from everything else . A zenoah clutch housing bolts up perfect so I just got to order one for a Losi 5 .

Lucky you !! That was my first and last time the only reason it was in there is because it come with it .

Got my GZR 30.5 in and that engine is very impressive that is probably the most bang for the buck that I have seen .

I put a wt 668 on it and the stock muffler just for the break in , im thinking about putting a 990 on it when I get my pipe , and thinking about a bartalone big bore pipe . This is my first 5th scale I was mostly into boats for several years but man this is a lot of fun .

I put a wt 668 on it and the stock muffler just for the break in , im thinking about putting a 990 on it when I get my pipe , and thinking about a bartalone big bore pipe . This is my first 5th scale I was mostly into boats for several years but man this is a lot of fun .
Stick with the 668.
A 990 is just a 668 without a choke according to the specs and is a PITA to start.
I chucked mine and put the 668 back on.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks